Chargers & Adapters

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My husband just got his (our) first tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.

Can we use any standard usb adapter for car and wall chargers? Or does it have to be specific to the model?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would be a little cautious but for the most part they should be inner changeable. I've used USB cable from different makes/models of Android devices and even wall adapters too with no problems. Worst case situation I would imagine is the device charges slower than the stock cable/charger setup. Example of this I used my daughters old Palm Pre wall adapter with my Android (Samsung) charger cable connected and it worked fine but didn't charge as fast.

Again.. Just be careful but I think you will be okay.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
My husband just got his (our) first tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.

Can we use any standard usb adapter for car and wall chargers? Or does it have to be specific to the model?

I'm pretty sure the adapter that comes with the Tab 2 it's higher voltage.. I know if I try to charge my Razr Maxx with it, I get mixed results.. charging the Tab 2 with a lower voltage charger from a cell phone will probably just charge it must slower.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the input. We have a couple usb wall plugs and car chargers, and I just wasn't sure if we needed to get ones that were specific to the tablet. I'll look for the type that has the higher voltage.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the input. We have a couple usb wall plugs and car chargers, and I just wasn't sure if we needed to get ones that were specific to the tablet. I'll look for the type that has the higher voltage.
The correct value to look for would be in ampere or mA and not voltage or V. The std supplied wall charger is rated at 2A
Spikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs