Jellybean different on 7" than it is on the 10.1"

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I have both the 7" and the 10.1" and today they both got the OTA. I have a few questions.

I updated both of them and they both say 4.1.1, but... they look completely different. I mean, the 7" actually looks like it got an update, but the 10.1" looks like nothing has change. For example, the 7" not has 3 soft buttons and now has a dropdown bar. The 10.1 looks the same as it did when it just had ICS.

Is this common? Are there 2 different version of Jelly Bean 4.1.1 for each of the 2 tablets?

If anyone can help, it would be great to know if something is wrong.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you using different launchers on each tablet?

Edit: never mind- I just read that the layout on the 7" changed for other people.. looks like Samsung made Touchwiz more phone-like on the 7".. probably because more people hold a 7" more like a phone most of the time, I'm guessing.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
But things like the Google search bar and Weather widget have more of a transparent look, whereas the they look as they did before on the 10. Just doesn't make sense to me.

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
i noticed the same thing on my wife's Tab. I guess Samsung doesn't want the Tab to look too much like like the Note. But this update kinda sucks so far.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Not true..

Google Now, new notifcations, new unlock features, smoother interface (project butter)..

No one said the changes from ICS to JB were earth shatteringly big.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
My point was that the 10" and the 7" got different updates.. the 10" layout stayed mostly the same though it got the Project Butter update, Google now, and some of the other fundamental changes.. The 7" got the layout change on top of that. That is normal. I don't know why you're upset.. If the 10" got the same layout as the 7", it would be hard to use while holding it in your hand.

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
My point was that the 10" and the 7" got different updates.. the 10" layout stayed mostly the same though it got the Project Butter update, Google now, and some of the other fundamental changes.. The 7" got the layout change on top of that. That is normal. I don't know why you're upset.. If the 10" got the same layout as the 7", it would be hard to use while holding it in your hand.

Not upset here friend,

Just Was a little dismayed by the lack of aesthetics that was offered bu the update. The 7" belongs to my 4yr old and the 10.1" belongs to my 10 yr old, so I don't even use them. I was just trying to figure out why the looked differently and moreover was hoping that I did the update correct.