SD card is blank or has unsupported filesystem - 16GB

Mike Thurman

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: SD card is blank or has unsupported filesystem - 4GB

So I read this whole thread and I am confused. I have a 4GB micro sd card in a Galaxy s4 (the card my carrier put in when I bought the phone). I am getting the same message.

I took the sd card out put into a micro adapter and inserted into my laptop, hear two sound indicating something new was inserted, but it will not show on the computer.

I re-inserted the sd card in the Galaxy S4 and used ES File Explorer (semi helpful) and "My Files" (very helpful) to explore the sd card. There are files on the card: pictures, ring tones, notification sounds files, etc, etc on the card.

If I reformat it I lose all this data............what to do????

I am stymied.

Brett Fourie

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

So I read this whole thread and I am confused. I have a 4GB micro sd card in a Galaxy s4 (the card my carrier put in when I bought the phone). I am getting the same message.

I took the sd card out put into a micro adapter and inserted into my laptop, hear two sound indicating something new was inserted, but it will not show on the computer.

I re-inserted the sd card in the Galaxy S4 and used ES File Explorer (semi helpful) and "My Files" (very helpful) to explore the sd card. There are files on the card: pictures, ring tones, notification sounds files, etc, etc on the card.

If I reformat it I lose all this data............what to do????

I am stymied.

Got my s4 mini yesterday SD been working fine then suddenly just stopped while playing music! Restart phone didn't help. Can't format this thing it has my life on it! Is this an android os issue? Wtf help!

Ooochaa

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site

Hello there,

I also want to share my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 problem.. I don't understand how to solve this.

So I have a Sandisk Ultra 32GB class 10, there isn't any problem the first time I use it (haven't put anything in big size), but now put some videos with high resolution as 720p with mp4 format. It worked, I can play the videos but yesterday I add videos with approximately 2GB of size (using data cable) and I tried to play the videos.. for a couple of play It's ok.. then I put my tablet to sleep when I use it again and browse for my videos, play it, it won't work.. it says "blank SD card or unsupported file system"

I try to read my micro sd using computer and card reader.. the system says it must be formatted :( (I didn;t format it.. so much data inside)
then again i put my micro sd back on my galaxy tab.. and it worked.. and for my final frustration, currently my tablet can't read my micro sd with the same blank and unsupported message..

Please help.. I really need suggestion..

Neutral333

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

I have a similar problem.
I bought a new Kingston miniSD card 4GB 1 month ago and it was all ok until 3 days ago that my smartphone show a message: "sd card blank or unsupported filesystem error".
I inserted the memory card in my PC and it asks me to format it so it seems all my information is gone.

All this is very strange....

rana sohail ahmed

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Today I bought a 16GB microSD card today to use in my tablet and unfortunately my tablet will not mount it. I get an error of: "SD card is blank or has unsupported filesystem."

It then asks to format the card, which I say yes to and it says checking the card, then preparing the card and then it goes back to the original error and the cycle continues. Basically I am unable to get the tablet to see the card.

The same card in my laptop works perfectly fine.

Any suggestions?

THANKS!

rana sohail ahmed

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Today I bought a 16GB microSD card today to use in my tablet and unfortunately my tablet will not mount it. I get an error of: "SD card is blank or has unsupported filesystem."

It then asks to format the card, which I say yes to and it says checking the card, then preparing the card and then it goes back to the original error and the cycle continues. Basically I am unable to get the tablet to see the card.

Any suggestions?

THANKS!

synchro27

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
It may be old but I never knew about it. Just to say thanks for posting as it saved two of my sd chips that I was on the verge of throwing away. That program worked beautifully.

Okamione

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
If you are using Mac OS X here is a solution that worked for me.
My Samsung Note could not read my external SDcard at all.
Error: "SD card blank or or has unsupported filesystem"

Do NOT Format your card as some post suggested.

When Apple Mac OS X is used for backup or just even open or syncing with a Mac
than OS X writes certain files onto your SD card and Android can't read these files.
My solution:
Insert your SDcard into an adapter and connect to your PC/Mac and open the SDcard.
I deleted these OS X files:
.Spotlight-V100
.Trashes
._.Trashes
.disk
.fseventsd

Thereafter all apps opened again on my Galaxy Note and I could read all files again.

craigy84

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi I'm having the same problem as everyone else I have an s5 and went away a week ago with my partner and had taken a lot of photos then suddenly I relized my memory was full so unmounted my memory card and went to have a look at the pics and nothing is happening it not even giving me a option on my phone or laptop but on my tablet it's coming up with that blank sd or unsupported file I'm so hoping that this is not damaged and please hope there is a glimmer of hope cos I got some of the best pics on that card from the holiday so pleases please let there be hope

Caoboi77

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi i updated my Galaxy S5 last night to Android 4.4.4 and now im getting "SD card blank or has unsupported file system" anyone know a fix for this please?

mielejam

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I have been using a 32GB card in my phone to store photos, apps, and music on. I've used it for 6 months or so, and today I randomly got the error message saying the card is blank or has an unsupported filesystem. My phone was laying on a counter when this occurred - no physical damage has happened to it.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. I tried rebooting with no success. I tried removing the card and reinserting with no success. Please help! I'd ideally like to correct the problem as opposed to wiping the card, if possible. Can anybody explain what caused this, and what I can try from here?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
The SD card has probably failed.

Check the SD card. If you can, by putting the SD card in the SD slot of a laptop or a card reader on a PC and see if it works that way. Or try it in another phone. If it works the SD card is good and not the problem. It's likely the phone.

If the SD card does not work with a computer or other device, it has almost certainly failed. This is not unusual, and the most likely cause of trouble. SD cards fail too often.

If the SD card works in a computer but not when put back in the phone, the phone may have a problem but as a double check before turning the phone in for repair or replacement try a couple of things. Try another working SD card in the phone if possible. If 2 cards that work in a computer fail in the phone, likely the phone has indeed developed a problem. Back up your data and try a factory reset. Still no go and the phone needs work.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

francis wamuyu

May 14, 2015
Visit site

Any suggestions?

THANKS!

francis wamuyu

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I have been using a 32GB card in my phone to store photos, apps, and music on. I've used it for 6 months or so, and today I randomly got the error message saying the card is blank or has an unsupported filesystem. My phone was laying on a counter when this occurred - no physical damage has happened to it.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. I tried rebooting with no success. I tried removing the card and reinserting with no success. Please help! I'd ideally like to correct the problem as opposed to wiping the card, if possible. Can anybody explain what caused this, and what I can try from here?

Felixgo

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site

Any suggestions?

THANKS!

Gelisymo

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site

Any suggestions?

THANKS!