Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 won't charge

Tartanspringbok

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont charge

I tried using the USB plug provided and it showed signs of life when the yellow battery was showing full yellow, but after 1 hour on charge I couldnt even get the yellow battery up

Last edited:

Cindy Deitz

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

thank you so much I have been going insane thinking that my tablet was spent !! I do have an aftermarket charger that works though....lol found it by accident though.....it is a all in one house,car and 2 usb ports on the top. I believe that it was the wal-mart brand .....sorry tried to find a pic but couldn't if I find one later I will post ..but thank you again Jeffrok for the info it was a life saver ....I love android forums cuz everyone on here is so awesome and really tries to help !! thanks again
Are you using the same adapter that came with the tablet? It's more powerful than a cell phone charger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

baconroll

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

Hi can anyone confirm for me please if when turned off and charging your charging indicator bar on screen is yellow? I'm sure it used to be blue. Thank you.

baconroll

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

Hi can anyone confirm for me please if when turned off and charging your charging indicator bar on screen is yellow? I'm sure it used to be blue. Thank you.

Hi - I am new to this forum, but would appreciate a reply from anyone as I need to know if I have a faulty unit or not and would need to return it soon. Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Hi - I am new to this forum, but would appreciate a reply from anyone as I need to know if I have a faulty unit or not and would need to return it soon. Many thanks for any help you can give me.

The battery icon acts as a charge indicator when the tab is turned on. When turned off (shut down) not asleep, there is a horizontal battery with pulsing blue light. This is on Android 4.0.4 (ICS)

This ONLY works when plugged into the mains charger

Last edited:

baconroll

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for your reply. I'm guessing then that because mine has Jelly Bean 4.1.1 installed out of the box, they changed it to a gold colour indicator when it charges instead of the blue one I remember from a previous Tab 2 I owned.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

;) Pleasure. Think you are right about Jelly Bean. See a lot of posts about the "gold" battery/Charge indicator all on JB units

Tim Kempen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

I would like to say that it has been happening to me too! Been about three weeks now, but it always turned on for me.

A couple of things that works for me.

1. When there is a RED cross on the battery icon, I turn off the tablet (whenever it's not in use) and let it charge.
*when the RED cross appears it still chargers but VERY SLOWLY.

2. I have a lot of time on my hands, so sometimes I just sit there and mess around withnthe plug and charger.
*whenever I put one side of the charger into the tablet it shows the charging signal.

3. When the tablet is Completely dead, I let it sit on the charger for a good 2 hours.
*VERY low battery life still but, I always manage with it.

-The methods dont always work. SO no guarantee that it will work for everyone. Like I said, I have A LOT of time on my hanfs. -

I hope this helps at least some of you.

Bige Vona

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

i had the same problem. You are probably using the wrong ubs cable.

Originally i had an ubs cable manufactured by t mobilr and was able to use car charger. It was messed up, when i bought a samsung
Ubs cable and tried car charger it gave me a charhe icon with red cross.

alexander gozie

May 1, 2013
Visit site

My galaxy tab10.1, stays more than 30hrs to get fully charged. After that the battery drains quickly.

What can i do to get it back to normal again as now am not enjoying it anymore.
Have only used it for barely 6months now

silkfyre

May 2, 2013
Visit site

I had this same problem. I called Samsung, they had me try a couple of solutions. None of them worked, so I had to send it in for repair. It was under warranty, and the ticket said the symptom was CHARGER, ADAPTER DEFECT. They replaced the defective part. I should be receiving it back tomorrow (less than 2 weeks turnaround). Reading here, seems like it's a common problem. I'll see how it works out.

silkfyre

May 2, 2013
Visit site

P.S. - Another thing - the guy who helped me on the phone at Samsung said that it should be charged directly from the wall, not through a surge protector.

Tasz Chatellier

May 3, 2013
Visit site

SOLVED !!!,! Im so happy today my tablet is finally charging! Ive had the lil red x over my battery for weeks now when I was lucky enough to actually have it on. When it would die I would get the awful two orange bars on a dead screen that would shut off.

This is what I did, with a dry q-tip and tweezers I very very gently cleaned some dirty grime that was in my tablets charge thingy. Plugged it in but still just the two orange bars. I waited and played w the power button and volume down button. Still nothing. Tonight for the heck of it I pressed VOLUME UP about ten times really quick. Then tapped the power button AND VOILA THE BATTERY CHARGED AND NO MORE RED X EITHER, hope this helps some of all.

alexisedmonson9299

May 4, 2013
Visit site

ugh , my samsung galaxy wont charge or turn on its going to half away on the charge bar & then going blank . whats happening ive lefted it on the charger for 3 days . i tryed takeing it off this morning & plugging it back end but its doing the same thing ! any suggested what should i dooo . ? & ive have a problem like for a month where i have to turn it off to charge it ! :'(

Mushtaque Parker

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the info...i tried all the ways for charging but in vain...restarted several times, factory reset twice...nothing worked. Kept showing red crossed mark.
Finally blowing 6 / 7 times in the charging gap worked...thanks a ton buddy for the advice...bravo...!

mubeen203

May 7, 2013
Visit site

the gold bar means that you have downloaded the latest Jelly bean on your handset.
Ice cream sandwich had the Blue bars

Raunaq Kapoor

May 7, 2013
Visit site

my tab 2 wont charge!!!its been a day now....a red cross is showing up on the battery icon and the yellow cycle when its off is reaching halfway then bam!again starting from the 1st and dis goes on and on....:-\:confused:

lexxag

May 7, 2013
Visit site

My tablet fell on the floor and half of my screen turned white please somebody tell me what to do pleaseeee

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante