Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 won't charge

abinaya sivakumar

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont charge

what i say might seem funny but its freaking true. does someone else in ur family use a samsung phone by any chance????? an ordinary non android phone. if the slot matches with ur tab then plug it in :). i got my tab on sunday and bang my tab stopped charging yesturday afternoon. been putiing it on charge continuously it woudnt stand on it self. it onned and offed periodicallly and automatically. then it went flat off. then when i tried to on it it would show a empty battery with a circle spinning in the middle and once in a blue moon it showed the yellow triangle. it went of before i could even read wht it said. then today morning at 5.00 i tried to on i saw the logo screen and then it showed a black screen with things written on it. i was so relieved tht i forgot to read wht it said. i ran to charge it yet it went of as soon as i put it for charging.i was utterly misserable. brand new phone and already it had such problems and all. before it went off i did see two options battery use or ok. i pressed none. by the way i had a brain wave just now. my mom uses a non android utter ordinary phone worth 3500rupees from samsung. i nicked her charger and tried it. bam bam bam bam it workssssssssssssssssssssssssss now my phone is back on and i am alright. now. its charging. i dont understand wht happened but i learnt my lesson i will always charge it n never ever let it go off like that ever again. hope my experience helped u guys. this is actually my first phone bought for me by my mom which is not koreean or indian. its freaking 25K here n i would have been killed if anything happened to it. ehhehehe:D:D:D:D:D:D:D;););););););););):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::-[:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[O:)O:)O:)O:)O:)O:)

Webadelic

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

hey, this happened to me too, well not so soon after buying it, i have had mine more than a year now and suddenly last week it died while i was using it and when i plugged in the charger nothing. I dont know what i did but after half and hour it came on, however when i was fully charged it would no longer charge while being used, I had to turn it off. Second time now yesterday it died in the middle of typing, left it on all night and nothing ... i was about to say of sure its done ... but this morning someone on here suggested blowing in the charger area ... its charging on and off now .. i hope it works

rggb

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

SOLVED !!!,! Im so happy today my tablet is finally charging! Ive had the lil red x over my battery for weeks now when I was lucky enough to actually have it on. When it would die I would get the awful two orange bars on a dead screen that would shut off.

This is what I did, with a dry q-tip and tweezers I very very gently cleaned some dirty grime that was in my tablets charge thingy. Plugged it in but still just the two orange bars. I waited and played w the power button and volume down button. Still nothing. Tonight for the heck of it I pressed VOLUME UP about ten times really quick. Then tapped the power button AND VOILA THE BATTERY CHARGED AND NO MORE RED X EITHER, hope this helps some of all.

I LOVE YOU!!!

Thanks ever so much! You saved me!

I have tried for two days--nothing helped!

This was it! (I just don't understand why....)

Thanks!

the peace maker

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

I know the solution I just had the problem just now take the (usb) cable
Out of the adapter blow inside of the adapter by putting your mouth on it a little bit blow hard a couple of times then put it back in it should work

Posted via Android Central App

the peace maker

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Plz dont waste your time on getting a charger until you really need one just try it I promise it will work if it dosent then you might need a nother charger

Posted via Android Central App

Aynsley Brittle

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

omg just read this and did not believe you, just tried it and it only flaming worked haha thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Zoetebier

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

The charger needs to be at least 1000 mAh.
Otherwise it will charge very slowly or won't charge at all when the battery is completely drained.

Patrick Lebrun

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

Had the same problem, I cleaned it with 90% alcool and a cotton swab, now the battery icon is going all the way up instead of 1/4 up and rebooting. When I looked up further in the charging hole I noticed some corrosion on the metal plate, cleaning it with alcool did it, it is charging now.

pxpjlea

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site

Well I have exactly the same problem, I can charge my tablet when it's off, but when it's on, there's a red cross on the battery.

Can you explain me what you did exactly?

Thanks a lot

Xavier

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I would like to say that it has been happening to me too! Been about three weeks now, but it always turned on for me.

A couple of things that works for me.

1. When there is a RED cross on the battery icon, I turn off the tablet (whenever it's not in use) and let it charge.
*when the RED cross appears it still chargers but VERY SLOWLY.

2. I have a lot of time on my hands, so sometimes I just sit there and mess around withnthe plug and charger.
*whenever I put one side of the charger into the tablet it shows the charging signal.

3. When the tablet is Completely dead, I let it sit on the charger for a good 2 hours.
*VERY low battery life still but, I always manage with it.

-The methods dont always work. SO no guarantee that it will work for everyone. Like I said, I have A LOT of time on my hanfs. -

I hope this helps at least some of you.

Hello dear all friend never worried its very easy you can clean with cotton nd needle to charge plug inside the indicater of battery see full charged nd remove red * mark ohh god i am very happy now to solved and save my galxy tab

Last edited by a moderator:

rubes2105

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

this actually sucks!! and guess what!!?? i am using the adapter that i first got. :'( i need help!!!! i even have a project at school to do and it is a photography assignment and half the photos that i am using are on it!! and i can't get them off because the dumb thing won't turn on!! my life is over if someone doesn't help meeee!!! please!!!

amie_h88

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

try plugging it in your laptop/ computer but this time don't plug it in all the way. Only plug it in half way until it says its charging.

Anonymeee

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

I reaaly need help, my galaxy is not charging it stays on 2% even if i let it charge when it switches of , there is the "blue battery showing the charging" but it always stay on 2% and i also refreshed it and deleted all the applications but when i take off the charger it say to go to the task manager and remove the unused applications i did it but it stays on two percent again , how can it charge again??? :'(

Scortillion

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Okay, this may sound strange but trust me it worked! I could no longer charge my Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 with the charger that it came with, 3 other chargers I had in the house nor the computer USB port. The problem is they are not powerful enough to charge a tablet that has become fully drained. After doing some research I found a suggestion to use your car adapter to charge your tablet. So today on my way to work I plugged my tablet into the car adapter and let charge on my way to work. When I got to work (45 minutes later) it had a 43% charge and finally after 2 days turned on. I then took it into work and connected it to a normal charger that I usually use for my Galaxy S3 phone and it's now at 100%; but it took 5 hours to get there.

The only thing I can suggest is to locate a more powerful home adapter so it will charge your tablet when it's even dead, or let it charge in the car while you drive somewhere. It will be enough to get it out of the totally dead state and allow the home charger to charge it.

Hope this helps others. Personally I didn't think it would work until I tried it and then researched it some more.

Jim

shlomoa

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Same issue, no reply from Samsung?
Tried the original charger, tried changing chargers,
Tried blowing into the port which actually worked for one time, and helped me believe in voodoo.
But the thing won't charge unless turned off, any solution?

Last edited:

Greatmimi

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Same issue, no reply from Samsung?
Tried the original charger, tried changing chargers,
Tried blowing into the port which actually worked for one time, and helped me believe in voodoo.
But the thing won't charge unless turned off, any solution?

Same problem....going to try returning it. Bought at "box store" with 2 year warranty. Had this since July, 2013. Hope new one works better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz