Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 won't charge
12-18-2016 02:10 PM
- I got a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 for christmas. Yesterday the battery ran right down I put it on charge and it just wont charge every now and again it comes up with an empty battery icon or a battery icon with a gold/yellow colour filling halfway up the icon other than that the screen is just blank it wont turn on or off I have plugged it into the wall and also tried with my laptop and neither have worked it has now been on charge for about 36 hours any ideas? Thanks02-02-2013 06:52 PM
- I am experiencing the same issue. The system will not start the charging process. It keeps shutting off the screen when the battery icon is half yellow. I was using the wall plug it came with then bought another but no change. I have tried every wall plug I have and plugging into my desktop. Tried holding down the power button. When I hold the power button and touch the screen it shuts the screen down before the battery icon starts the yellow cycle.02-05-2013 12:05 AM
- 02-18-2013 11:35 AM
- 02-19-2013 12:31 AM
- I had the same problem last night - it was the gold half battery - and didn't look as though it was charging and it would not switch on.
This morning it was fine - the battery was charging to full and the tablet switched on fine.
I reckon that I had let the battery die, so I'd make sure that you keep it at least half way charged.02-19-2013 04:25 AM
- Hi can anyone help me? My tablet switched off on me a couple of days ago, i managed to get it back on after days of trying all sorts of things. But now when i try to charge it, it doesnt charge and comes up with a red cross on the little battery icon. Can anyone please tell me why this and how i can fix it. Thank you03-19-2013 07:42 AM
- I had started having problems charging my tablet. I would get flickering on/off charging, or indication of charging, but no increase in battery indicator. Samsung support was useless. I saw another similar thread and followed their advice - bought a new wall-to-USB charger by Belkin with 2.0 amps output. Worked like a charm))) Hope this helps03-19-2013 07:10 PM
- Similar problem here:
My son was playing games on it, and battery ran completely dry and the tab went into a coma. Couldn't switch it on again & plugged it in the wall using the original charger. Still nothing for at least an hour, could still not turn it back on.
Then I unplugged the charger, and bang: The tab turned itself on, and immediately died again due to lack of battery power. I did not touch the on/off switch. It turned on because I unplugged it. Very strange.
Plugged it in/out a few times, and eventually it revoke and turned on while NOT connected to the charger.
When I connected the charger, it immediately turned off again.
This happened a few times more.
Finally the damn thing stayed on while charging so I can use it again. But problem is not resolved. Clearly (well, apparently) there is an issue with battery / charger.03-25-2013 02:31 PM
- I had started having problems charging my tablet. I would get flickering on/off charging, or indication of charging, but no increase in battery indicator. Samsung support was useless. I saw another similar thread and followed their advice - bought a new wall-to-USB charger by Belkin with 2.0 amps output. Worked like a charm))) Hope this helps
My Samsung charger is very temperamental and just seems to charge my tab when it feels like it. Thanks!03-27-2013 04:42 AM
- Hi guys....Would like to share some infos...
I had the same problem with my tab too...won't charge and we can forget about reseting it cuz the battery is totally ZERO !!
I tried using another charger ( from a friend of mine )
And it works.... And the funny part is that I tried again my old charger and it works too.... Good luck !!03-29-2013 08:44 AM
- Hi I'm having a problem charging my Samsung galaxy tab 2, it stared about 3 weeks ago and I got a little red cross in the battery smyble and it wouldn't charge, I pulled it out and put it in again and it stared to work and didn't think much off it, but know the little red cross is always there when I try to charge it, the only way that i can charges my tab now is turning it off to charge it and sometimes that don't work. Please help me.04-01-2013 05:30 AM
- I NEED ANSWERS FROM SAMSUNG!
My samsung tab 2 10.1 isnt charging. It comes up a little red cross infront of the battery indicator.
THIS IS ANNOYING BECAUSE IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE!!! I HAD TO GET A REPLACMENT!
Im annoyed at how many people who have these problems yet samsung hasnt seemed to fix them!
THEY KNOW THIS IS HAPPENING AND YET THEY AINT DOING A THING EXCEPT REPLACING THEM SO THEY CAN JUST BE BROKEN AGAIN!
It is very irritating to know that all my documents, files and photos will be deleted time after time if I keep getting new replacements.
right now I cannot trust samsung, I must email myself constantly of my files just incase the talet breaks down!
THIS SHOULD NOT BE NECESSARY!
I am not willing to pay for something which is just going to break! I do appreciate the fact they give replacements for free (atleast tesco did anyway) but if this keeps happening, for samsungs sake! FIX THE TABLETS BEFORE LETTING PEOPLE PURCHASE NEW ONES TO JUST BE DISSAPOINTED!
This tablet better be fixed, and I better not have one of these problems again!04-02-2013 04:01 PM
- the gold bar color means that its charging it's probably off which is OK um what happens to me when I charge it is like this thing its like covers up the battery umm when I charge my battery I have to turned off because when I plug it in it doesn't work when its on so I turned off so what you should probably do is turned off and wait and see you for a couple of hours to see what happens if not you should probably go to the store and let the people checking out and get a new charger it's happened to me before couple times actually or like I plug it into the wall it works and then I put it into a different wall it doesn't work I'm using my tablet right now to basically when I do that I have to turn off wait for to charge when I haven't is it turns off then it turns the screen turns back on no yellow bar would come yellow battery would come upand it
same problem too when I charged is is red X that comes up on the bar I also need help when I do that I have to turn it off and wait for the yellow are pop up then I have to wait a couple of hours for to be charged again I plug it into every wall and I really need help
I'm having the same problem here bro I need help the only way I can get it to charge is when I turn it off I get to annoying when I really do want to use it
you want charge either I tried blowing it is I've tried putting in it right I tried putting it it in all the walls I could find and it it still doesn't work I have to turn it off to get it to charge it gets annoying when I really want to do something on it like play games or anything04-05-2013 10:18 PM
- I have the same issue with my samsung galaxy and the way I corrected it is by buying a rocksteady cable for the Samsung it is much better than the stock cable the Galaxy Tab 2 comes with. I can run my battery down below 30% plug it in with the rocksteady cable and it charges fast with no red x on it, nor do i have to turn on power saving mode or turn off wifi, bluetooth ect..... So getting a new non samsung cable should fix it. Hopefully they will start making decent chargers someday.04-09-2013 12:14 PM
- what if i can not find the origanal wall charger. i am haveing the exact same problem. when ever i try to charge it it comes half way on then brightens than it brightens than it sometimes comes up with a yello and black cross and sometimes it just shuts off please help i really like this tablet.04-10-2013 12:53 AM
- thank you so much I have been going insane thinking that my tablet was spent !! I do have an aftermarket charger that works though....lol found it by accident though.....it is a all in one house,car and 2 usb ports on the top. I believe that it was the wal-mart brand .....sorry tried to find a pic but couldn't if I find one later I will post ..but thank you again Jeffrok for the info it was a life saver ....I love android forums cuz everyone on here is so awesome and really tries to help !! thanks again04-15-2013 11:04 PM
- 04-19-2013 09:06 AM
This ONLY works when plugged into the mains charger04-19-2013 12:34 PM
- Samsung Android Tablets
- More Samsung Tablets
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 won't charge
- By Kyle Gibb in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inchReplies: 47Last Post: 06-26-2011, 05:38 PM
- By Jon Garrett in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 06-19-2011, 09:11 PM
- By Lintoy925 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inchReplies: 9Last Post: 06-18-2011, 11:24 PM
- By kagenish in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inchReplies: 2Last Post: 05-28-2011, 08:28 PM
- By whiteshadow001 in forum Motorola XoomReplies: 14Last Post: 03-29-2011, 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD