Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont charge

I had the same problem, you need a new charger

Mandy, it is my theory that Samsung got a bad batch of chargers and that they KNOW it. I think that's why they told me this pas week that the cord and charger are not covered even though two months ago when a friend had the same issue, they were happy to replace the charger. I wonder how many of us have lemons for chargers. I love my Galaxy tab 2, but I am underwhelmed with Samsung's warranty behavior. My problem turned out to totally be a bad OEM wall wart that came with the tablet purchased around Christmas.
    Rick Bagin and haylievela like this.

My Samsung Tab has only started doing this recently: at first I assumed that it was a small gap in between the cable and the actual plug (I am using the original cable and plug that my Tab came with). When I tried to charge the Tab it came up with a little red cross on the battery bar and when I checked the battery settings it said 'discharging'. When I turned the tab off, it was charging fine, it took a lot longer than usual to charge it and I thought it was odd that it wouldn't let me charge it while the Tab was on. Yesterday I let the tablet die, and found that when I plugged it in the battery bar would come up, load for a while and then only charge with the yellow bars coming half way, then it would go off. This cycle just continued, all night; it's now not turning on at all despite the fact that it has been charging at least 12 hours. After reading the tons of complaints from other people I realised it wasn't just my tablet, and I think it is ridiculous that Samsung haven't identified this problem! I just hope that I can get another charger cost free - as this problem doesn't seem to be our fault, but their's!!! I am NOT paying 19.99 for another identical charger, it is ridiculous!

Red face Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont charge

This is really great advice, the original adapter works fine. The obvious reason I have been having continuous charging issues is I must have switched for Galaxy S3 charger.

Thanks for this awesome advice.

Same problem when trying to charge using the usb port which is a problem for long car rides. Mine still charges using the wall charger.

i had the same problem last weak...I just replaced the charger cord and ...problem solved!!!!i did not replaced the cord with the original one to be broken again, i bought cord with other brand...,,your write ups gives me a lot of idea to deal with my tab problem..so i help u all to return the favor..i hope it helps!!!good day to all,.

My Samsung tablet shut off guessing cause the battery got to low but this just started happening a couple of days ago why now I use to be able to plug it in when it got to low now I have to plug it in and wait forever yesterday only had to wait 30 min today the whole day stil only a blue flashing light shows up with a battery plz help me

mine just started doing the same thing day b4 yesterday im gonna take ur advice and try buying a new charger... i sure hope that fixes it im lost w/out it and i have so much stuff on it i dont want to lose

i had the same thing...but i could not find my charger that came with it so i tryed a few old ones i have{got like 12 of them...and my big ipad charger worked...great right....then my lady ran it all the way down and i could not find my i charger ...so here is a fix thats new....and by new i mean i have hever read about it

if your laptop or pc has a usb 3.0 prowered port pl:ug it in there...but just untill it starts charging aging...then switch to any charger you have and it will be fine
    seems to be a glitch in the batt charge process so by changing the charging power level it will reset....just one of them little things that **** ya off but its fixable
    Thanked by:
    mjoksa 

Hi, I just had same problem. I was using a seperate usb plug which came with my phone. However the tablet needs a 2amp usb plug to charge properly, if you use a plug with less amps then a red cross will appear on the battery icon. If the battery has drained completely then u need the 2amps to get it to work. The red cross means its charging at a slower rate (which will still charge just takes longer)...so could be because of a loose connection in cable, or the amps used in the plug as already mentioned is too low. Or because of a battery fault in need of repair/replacement. My problem seems to be fixed by using the original charger battery pack and a new cable, the red cross has been replaced with a lighting bolt.
    Last edited by hulk89; 09-10-2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: addition

what i say might seem funny but its freaking true. does someone else in ur family use a samsung phone by any chance????? an ordinary non android phone. if the slot matches with ur tab then plug it in . i got my tab on sunday and bang my tab stopped charging yesturday afternoon. been putiing it on charge continuously it woudnt stand on it self. it onned and offed periodicallly and automatically. then it went flat off. then when i tried to on it it would show a empty battery with a circle spinning in the middle and once in a blue moon it showed the yellow triangle. it went of before i could even read wht it said. then today morning at 5.00 i tried to on i saw the logo screen and then it showed a black screen with things written on it. i was so relieved tht i forgot to read wht it said. i ran to charge it yet it went of as soon as i put it for charging.i was utterly misserable. brand new phone and already it had such problems and all. before it went off i did see two options battery use or ok. i pressed none. by the way i had a brain wave just now. my mom uses a non android utter ordinary phone worth 3500rupees from samsung. i nicked her charger and tried it. bam bam bam bam it workssssssssssssssssssssssssss now my phone is back on and i am alright. now. its charging. i dont understand wht happened but i learnt my lesson i will always charge it n never ever let it go off like that ever again. hope my experience helped u guys. this is actually my first phone bought for me by my mom which is not koreean or indian. its freaking 25K here n i would have been killed if anything happened to it. ehhehehe

You*have to*use the adapter that came with it

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

hey, this happened to me too, well not so soon after buying it, i have had mine more than a year now and suddenly last week it died while i was using it and when i plugged in the charger nothing. I dont know what i did but after half and hour it came on, however when i was fully charged it would no longer charge while being used, I had to turn it off. Second time now yesterday it died in the middle of typing, left it on all night and nothing ... i was about to say of sure its done ... but this morning someone on here suggested blowing in the charger area ... its charging on and off now .. i hope it works

it wont turn on and wat if like it charges but turns on

I LOVE YOU!!!

Thanks ever so much! You saved me!

I have tried for two days--nothing helped!

This was it! (I just don't understand why....)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tasz Chatellier View Post
    SOLVED !!!,! Im so happy today my tablet is finally charging! Ive had the lil red x over my battery for weeks now when I was lucky enough to actually have it on. When it would die I would get the awful two orange bars on a dead screen that would shut off.

This is what I did, with a dry q-tip and tweezers I very very gently cleaned some dirty grime that was in my tablets charge thingy. Plugged it in but still just the two orange bars. I waited and played w the power button and volume down button. Still nothing. Tonight for the heck of it I pressed VOLUME UP about ten times really quick. Then tapped the power button AND VOILA THE BATTERY CHARGED AND NO MORE RED X EITHER, hope this helps some of all.
    I LOVE YOU!!!

Thanks ever so much! You saved me!

I have tried for two days--nothing helped!

This was it! (I just don't understand why....)

Thanks!

I know the solution I just had the problem just now take the (usb) cable
    Out of the adapter blow inside of the adapter by putting your mouth on it a little bit blow hard a couple of times then put it back in it should work

Posted via Android Central App

Plz dont waste your time on getting a charger until you really need one just try it I promise it will work if it dosent then you might need a nother charger

Posted via Android Central App

omg just read this and did not believe you, just tried it and it only flaming worked haha thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The charger needs to be at least 1000 mAh.
    Otherwise it will charge very slowly or won't charge at all when the battery is completely drained.

Had the same problem, I cleaned it with 90% alcool and a cotton swab, now the battery icon is going all the way up instead of 1/4 up and rebooting. When I looked up further in the charging hole I noticed some corrosion on the metal plate, cleaning it with alcool did it, it is charging now.

Well I have exactly the same problem, I can charge my tablet when it's off, but when it's on, there's a red cross on the battery.

Can you explain me what you did exactly?

Thanks a lot

Xavier

That crazy blow in it trick worked for me also, whaaaaaaat ?? cant believe it, anyone a fish keeper come join me on my new forum,

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kempen View Post
    I would like to say that it has been happening to me too! Been about three weeks now, but it always turned on for me.

A couple of things that works for me.

1. When there is a RED cross on the battery icon, I turn off the tablet (whenever it's not in use) and let it charge.
    *when the RED cross appears it still chargers but VERY SLOWLY.

2. I have a lot of time on my hands, so sometimes I just sit there and mess around withnthe plug and charger.
    *whenever I put one side of the charger into the tablet it shows the charging signal.

3. When the tablet is Completely dead, I let it sit on the charger for a good 2 hours.
    *VERY low battery life still but, I always manage with it.

-The methods dont always work. SO no guarantee that it will work for everyone. Like I said, I have A LOT of time on my hanfs. -

I hope this helps at least some of you.

Hello dear all friend never worried its very easy you can clean with cotton nd needle to charge plug inside the indicater of battery see full charged nd remove red * mark ohh god i am very happy now to solved and save my galxy tab
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast