Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Exclamation Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont charge

this actually sucks!! and guess what!!?? i am using the adapter that i first got. i need help!!!! i even have a project at school to do and it is a photography assignment and half the photos that i am using are on it!! and i can't get them off because the dumb thing won't turn on!! my life is over if someone doesn't help meeee!!! please!!!
    Thanked by:

Default Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont charge

try plugging it in your laptop/ computer but this time don't plug it in all the way. Only plug it in half way until it says its charging.
    Thanked by:

I reaaly need help, my galaxy is not charging it stays on 2% even if i let it charge when it switches of , there is the "blue battery showing the charging" but it always stay on 2% and i also refreshed it and deleted all the applications but when i take off the charger it say to go to the task manager and remove the unused applications i did it but it stays on two percent again , how can it charge again???

Okay, this may sound strange but trust me it worked! I could no longer charge my Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 with the charger that it came with, 3 other chargers I had in the house nor the computer USB port. The problem is they are not powerful enough to charge a tablet that has become fully drained. After doing some research I found a suggestion to use your car adapter to charge your tablet. So today on my way to work I plugged my tablet into the car adapter and let charge on my way to work. When I got to work (45 minutes later) it had a 43% charge and finally after 2 days turned on. I then took it into work and connected it to a normal charger that I usually use for my Galaxy S3 phone and it's now at 100%; but it took 5 hours to get there.

The only thing I can suggest is to locate a more powerful home adapter so it will charge your tablet when it's even dead, or let it charge in the car while you drive somewhere. It will be enough to get it out of the totally dead state and allow the home charger to charge it.

Hope this helps others. Personally I didn't think it would work until I tried it and then researched it some more.

Jim
    Thanked by:

Same issue, no reply from Samsung?
    Tried the original charger, tried changing chargers,
    Tried blowing into the port which actually worked for one time, and helped me believe in voodoo.
    But the thing won't charge unless turned off, any solution?
    Last edited by shlomoa; 11-29-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shlomoa View Post
    Same issue, no reply from Samsung?
    Tried the original charger, tried changing chargers,
    Tried blowing into the port which actually worked for one time, and helped me believe in voodoo.
    But the thing won't charge unless turned off, any solution?

Same problem....going to try returning it. Bought at "box store" with 2 year warranty. Had this since July, 2013. Hope new one works better.

nope that waht happing to mine it did the samething
    it fust geting me mad i need help with mine\

Quote Originally Posted by Sumio Nakagawa View Post
    nope that waht happing to mine it did the samething
    it fust geting me mad i need help with mine\
    Ok I found a way to fix the red x problem as well as the problem when it shut down completely and the battery icon showed it self only filling up a portion of it then shouting down I have a solution but if you want it contact me at
    I found and invented a way to making this tablet Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 work NO NEW CHARGER NO CAR CHARGER SAME CHARGER CAME WITH OR ANY THAT YOU WANT EVEN PHONE CHARGER if you want the solution email me first one I contact here. If it work only want for you to spread the info I will give you. email me thanks and taking my own time for this

Quote Originally Posted by baconroll View Post
    Hi can anyone confirm for me please if when turned off and charging your charging indicator bar on screen is yellow? I'm sure it used to be blue. Thank you.
    Nope,the white tab 2 is yellow but the black tab2 is blue one.

This worked for me too! Don't know why or how. However, not sure if this will solve the problem permanently as I have tried every single socket in my house previously - it would charge in one for a while, then it stopped and I had to move onto another socket. I've now got to the point where I have taken it into work to charge! This is not ideal (although admittedly cheaper for me!). Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Had problem with charger but followed advise and used the adapter my tab came with and it is working

Talking Re: samsung galaxy tab 7 inch wont charge

hello guys i have thesame prroblem to...but i'm still reaseching try these on your tablet

1.hold the power button for about 5-10 sec

2.after 5-10 sec hold the volume down(just hold the power button)

3.then there will be a green android when you done clicking the power and volme downbutton

4.there will be a question

5.you may click down if you wanted to cancel it and up if you wanted to download OS (i guess)

6.when donwloading it may take a min .....

i hope these might help ... i tried these on my tab but it does'nt work bu my friend told me these tip so i tried but nothing changed..... help me too guys for more questions ask me i'll tr to answer it

the LCD might be broken it the same with my brothers CP he throw the cp on to my legs then when i pick it up of all the screen turned white.....it cost a lot...on the philippines it cost 1,000pesos ... i don't know about your country these might help

Question Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont charge

My tablet looks like its on charge (a battery symbol with 5 circles underneath it, but the green bar in the battery dont look like its moving.) but when i fully turn on my tablet its stops charging and has a red cross the battery, help??

Guys the solution is simple, change the power adapter whether it's your original one or not, just look for another original or suitable one and you'll be back on. Face same problem and solved it simply by using some one's adapter ( similar Galaxy tab)

Did anyone find a resolution I am havin the same problem!

- - - Updated - - -

I went as far as buyin a new one! Maybe it just takes hours to charge ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Miller View Post
    i had the same thing...but i could not find my charger that came with it so i tryed a few old ones i have{got like 12 of them...and my big ipad charger worked...great right....then my lady ran it all the way down and i could not find my i charger ...so here is a fix thats new....and by new i mean i have hever read about it

if your laptop or pc has a usb 3.0 prowered port pl:ug it in there...but just untill it starts charging aging...then switch to any charger you have and it will be fine
    seems to be a glitch in the batt charge process so by changing the charging power level it will reset....just one of them little things that **** ya off but its fixable
    Thanks mate

I just had same problem this morning, thought that kids finally have broken something on my Galaxy Tab (and they've been using it for last year with no break), but U saved my day

Cheers

P.S. I think that source of a problem dates yesterday, when one of my kids laid down on tab when it was charging and completely separated charger parts with this

The charger is quite sensitive. I was trying to charge it once whilst in a case and the end of their wire (near connector) had to be benrt to accommodate the tab being in the case. The cable stopped working. You can pick up spare cables on Amazon for a few£\$ .I've got a spare one now in case it flakes out on me.

I also read somewhere that if you let the battery drain completely it takes a long time for the tab to power back on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Posted from my iPad mini.

Clean contacts carefully with tothpick! In my case works and red cross during charge time dissapear....
    Regards

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

replaced my cord for samsung tab 2 charger 6 times in as many monthes, screen is black cannot even get the battery picture...works for 2 days or so on new cord.. I have had it !! HELP

Hi
    For christmas i got a galaxy tab 2 10.1 second hand and the charger was great
    I went to my nans house one day and plugged in my charger there
    And it was fine but after a while i notice a red x and a lightning bolt
    its a real charger and its not the plug socket either please help
    also on the screen where you unlock it it says connect your charger when its plugged in and as soon a i take the wire out it says connect it i think its charging really slowly not sure tho pleease please help

I know I have the same problem what should I do

Thank you do much!!!!!!!!!!!! I was reading this site for aaaggeeesss when i stumbled across this but i couldnt find a toothpick so i got a broken zip and poked around in there and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant thank you enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all of your help everyone. I had this problem and I think I figured out how to fix it. I was at 0% battery and it shut down mid game. The emulator I was playing Phantasy Star IV on drains the battery like crazy even plugged in. When I tried to charge it, it would pull up the battery symbol and it would start to light up just like it's charging, but not getting all the way through the charging cycle. For some reason if it doesn't get enough power to complete the cycle it doesn't charge. What I did was when it was going through the battery charging scene, I unplugged it (this is important) held down on the power button and volume up button for 30 sec to activate ADB - Android Debug Bridge (look it up if you're on a different device). Evidently it takes a miniscule amount of power and shuts everything else down. Then I plugged it in and let it charge This allowed my Tab 2 10.1 to finally charge up enough that it would get through the charging cycles like normal. It's at 10% now in 20 min after spending 2 hours this morning on the charger and getting no where. I'm curious if it would charge it much faster if I always used ADP to charge it. Make sure you have original 2.1 Amp charger with clean contacts always.
    I think it's good to drain the battery down on these devices then recharge them, but don't drain them this much. It's a pain to fix. And no more PS IV for awhile, even plugged in.
    Thanks again everyone for giving me the pieces to fix mine. Good luck everyone!
    Thanked by:
    lewe00 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast