Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 won't charge

jing23

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
i left my tab battery drain for maybe 2-3 weeks. i charged it last nigh overnight but it won't turn on. even the light doesn't go on when plugged in. I tried pressing the power and volume botton but still nothing works.. any suggestions?:(

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
See my answer above, which I have repeated here...

SUCCESS!!!

When connected to the Samsung charger with original cable, the charge indicator went to one quarter of the icon then blanked. I blew into the port; no change.

Tried holding down the ON and VOLUME keys with no charge cable gave no result.
Did it again with charge cable connected and after 20seconds I let go. After another 10 seconds it started charging!

Ron Michel1

May 18, 2014
Visit site
you could post your answer, I mean if I send you a personel email you receive my ip, and that is the idea we started forums, posting and the like. if you really had an answer you would have taken the time to post.... ps an android is never really off (even power 3 seconds and shutdown is really not off. the battery icon when off and plugged in is part of the init bootstrap and requires power to be there initially, if your device powers down so far it may be some time to get enough power to the battery to charge the device enough to take over with charge management. charge management will override charging to protect the system. you can defeat this byu plugging in and unplugging your charge (providing it is not a charger or cable problem) for 20 seconds at a time for a while soon your battery icon will come on. once charging you should allow it to charge normally for at least to 30% before booting it up, but that is just my opinion. I will power up immediately when my phone does the scary bit. hope I helped.

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
One more thing after my success with getting the Tab2 10.1 to charge.

The next day it stopped charging again (the battery was half-charged at the time). I tried unplugging the cable connector from the tablet and plugging back in a couple of times. It started charging again. I guess it's important to try to keep dirt out of the connector port as the contacts can get dirty. Plugging and unplugging will help to remove anything on the contacts.

Arkhim

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I am amazed, but this does work!
A wall charger is at 5.0V output, and the car charger is at 12.0V output. It literally seems to just need enough juice to start it charging, then it can be moved to the wall charger and charged the rest of the way. Guessing if you have any other charger in the house that is over the 5.0V range, it'll do the same as driving it around in you car. Note - you do need to drive it around in you car.
Thank you so much for the post!

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
If you plug your 5volt tablet into 12v you will surely wreck it! You need to use a charger that can deliver at least 2Amps. Car chargers can often give the required current, but make sure they only put out 5volts.

charlienewton

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, ive had my samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 for a while now and it wont charge properly anymore somtimes the battery just has a red x in it im not sure what that means... but id sure love to know if its the tablet or charger. Please help ASAP!

rmurray1975

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont charge

Hi, I have a similar issue with my Tab 2. It won't switch on. When I connect the charger and press the power button I briefly see the battery icon and then the screen goes blank. It is not stuck in a loop though. I get nothing at all after the initial battery icon.
If I press and hold the power button when the charger is connected I get a grey battery icon and then blank. This does loop until I let go of the power button and then it goes back to the first issue.
It is not an issue with the battery itself because I have tested this in another tab and works and charges fine.
My digitizer flex cable (middle cable of the 3) is damaged but this should not impact the ability to switch on, right?
My volume up button is not working so I cannot try to reset/enter recovery mode. I have ordered a new power/volume ribbon.

Any ideas how I can get this tablet to switch on?

Maneet Mathur

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

My Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 stopped charging today. As all the battery was drawn out so when I plugged for recharge it was continuously rebooting after showing one bar of battery. I was using the original cable that came with the tab few years back. I checked this thread and it appeared that the cable is bad and most of the people fixed it by changing the cable. So I decided to attempt cable clean up for any dust inside. I took my regular aftershave lotion and rinsed both sides (connector and USB) in the lotion. Then I used air pressure to dry it out. I reconnected after few hours and it worked just as new and my tab is now charging.

Kerianney St

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Really too finicky, but if I use the Samsung tablet plug into the wall, it works, even though the usb is not the original. If I use my other wall outlet; the one that came w/ my Samsung camera, no such luck, & I cannot charge from my mac. Sadly, I only have one option, which is not good for constant use & charging. :'(

H L Lovell

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
so this week I had the same problem with my tab 2 10.1.... would not charge. just lights up and goes off. when charging on my pc I get this sound that drives me crazier. on and off. so what did I learn. 1) never let it run down totally while leaving it on!!! 2) if you do leave it on and it runs down you must find original wall charger. All other attempts did not work with any other charger. not air blowing. (helps to clean though) cleaning nothing until I found the original wall charger. I have seen posts on here showing how to take tab 2s apart to make them charge. don't do it just find your original wall charger. and it will work. give it time because your battery is dead... takes about a minute or so before it starts charging... don't wiggle the cord... just plug it in.. it will work!!!

just remember.... charge that battery before it gets to low.. and you won't have that problem again. cheers.

azzah775

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
i had the same problem with battery not charging & was ready to do a factory reset,after researching for 12 hours google & youtube, Tried various things to no avail, finally ---i turned all functions off (like wifi, bluetooth, volume, gps, etc, and through task manager, deactivated all apps ) & tried what an earlier post had suggested---put the power off & plugged in using the Original samsung charger-- after 3 minutes , i turned on the device and battery had jumped from 28 % to 87 %. so i turned it off just to be sure--turned back on within a minute : it charged to 90 % ----experimented kept power on with charger, no change in battery, so i turned power off again & continued charge----within 49 seconds up to 94 %-- Only worry will this be my life with my samsang note 10.1?--am not a techie--just have a google & youtube search obsession.

Sana_Nasir

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

my cousin was having the same problem but she changed the charger and now everything is working properly. :)

bbb3rd

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Had same problem. Left tab on too long . Full discharge and cycling without results. Left it go 2 hours, then shut power by holding down power butten a few seconds, then restarting by hitting power on, did this a few times and it started to charge. Might work for you too.

plz help me

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

I tried to do the same thing but it didn't work!!!
someone please help me, this tablet is my only touch-screen device :(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon