Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 won't charge

kelly2112

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I got a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 for christmas. Yesterday the battery ran right down I put it on charge and it just wont charge every now and again it comes up with an empty battery icon or a battery icon with a gold/yellow colour filling halfway up the icon other than that the screen is just blank it wont turn on or off I have plugged it into the wall and also tried with my laptop and neither have worked it has now been on charge for about 36 hours any ideas? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont charge

Are you using the same adapter that came with the tablet? It's more powerful than a cell phone charger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

BigMeathead57

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

I am experiencing the same issue. The system will not start the charging process. It keeps shutting off the screen when the battery icon is half yellow. I was using the wall plug it came with then bought another but no change. I have tried every wall plug I have and plugging into my desktop. Tried holding down the power button. When I hold the power button and touch the screen it shuts the screen down before the battery icon starts the yellow cycle.

kierontassell

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

hi did you solve problem as i have same exact prob charge indicator goes up yellow half way then off cant turn it on???whats solution?could really do with some help on this PLEASE PLEASE:'(

Last edited:

BigMeathead57

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

hi did you solve problem as i have same exact prob charge indicator goes up yellow half way then off cant turn it on???whats solution?could really do with some help on this PLEASE PLEASE:'(

After troubleshooting with Samsung Chat Support, I ended up sending to Samsung to fix under warranty. They did not indicate what the issue is.

Dusty Aldrich

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

I was having the same exact problem and found a couple other people who were too and suggested using the same charger that came with it. Apparently the galaxy tab can't be charged by plugging directly into the computer. I even tried the wall adapter for my Samsung galaxy s3 but it still cut off when the bar got half way up the battery symbol. I did some searching and found the exact one that came with the tab and it works perfectly. I didn't know it would be so temper-mental, but try using the original wall adapter and cord that came with it and see if that works. Worked for me. Hope it helps.

Weemaw

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

I had the same problem last night - it was the gold half battery - and didn't look as though it was charging and it would not switch on.

This morning it was fine - the battery was charging to full and the tablet switched on fine.

I reckon that I had let the battery die, so I'd make sure that you keep it at least half way charged.

Kelsey lee

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site

Hi can anyone help me? My tablet switched off on me a couple of days ago, i managed to get it back on after days of trying all sorts of things. But now when i try to charge it, it doesnt charge and comes up with a red cross on the little battery icon. Can anyone please tell me why this and how i can fix it. Thank you

mityaj

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

I had started having problems charging my tablet. I would get flickering on/off charging, or indication of charging, but no increase in battery indicator. Samsung support was useless. I saw another similar thread and followed their advice - bought a new wall-to-USB charger by Belkin with 2.0 amps output. Worked like a charm))) Hope this helps

JJAACCOOBB

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

Similar problem here:
My son was playing games on it, and battery ran completely dry and the tab went into a coma. Couldn't switch it on again & plugged it in the wall using the original charger. Still nothing for at least an hour, could still not turn it back on.
Then I unplugged the charger, and bang: The tab turned itself on, and immediately died again due to lack of battery power. I did not touch the on/off switch. It turned on because I unplugged it. Very strange.
Plugged it in/out a few times, and eventually it revoke and turned on while NOT connected to the charger.
When I connected the charger, it immediately turned off again.
This happened a few times more.
Finally the damn thing stayed on while charging so I can use it again. But problem is not resolved. Clearly (well, apparently) there is an issue with battery / charger.

KHIMAERA

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site

I had started having problems charging my tablet. I would get flickering on/off charging, or indication of charging, but no increase in battery indicator. Samsung support was useless. I saw another similar thread and followed their advice - bought a new wall-to-USB charger by Belkin with 2.0 amps output. Worked like a charm))) Hope this helps

Mityaj, could you tell me where you purchased the Belkin charger please?
My Samsung charger is very temperamental and just seems to charge my tab when it feels like it. Thanks!

Jimmy Ong

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

Hi guys....Would like to share some infos...
I had the same problem with my tab too...won't charge and we can forget about reseting it cuz the battery is totally ZERO !!
I tried using another charger ( from a friend of mine )
And it works.... And the funny part is that I tried again my old charger and it works too.... Good luck !!

itzme1234

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

The way i fixed it was by blowing into the charging port on the tablet and it charged while it was on. my tablet wont turn on and it wont charge does anybody know how to fix this!!!

taylor1988

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Hi I'm having a problem charging my Samsung galaxy tab 2, it stared about 3 weeks ago and I got a little red cross in the battery smyble and it wouldn't charge, I pulled it out and put it in again and it stared to work and didn't think much off it, but know the little red cross is always there when I try to charge it, the only way that i can charges my tab now is turning it off to charge it and sometimes that don't work. Please help me.

dalsmavsfan

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Wow I can't believe it I was having the same problem with charging my tablet. Blew into the charging port and now it's charging crazy.

Sophie Boyle

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

I NEED ANSWERS FROM SAMSUNG!
My samsung tab 2 10.1 isnt charging. It comes up a little red cross infront of the battery indicator.

THIS IS ANNOYING BECAUSE IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE!!! I HAD TO GET A REPLACMENT!

Im annoyed at how many people who have these problems yet samsung hasnt seemed to fix them!
THEY KNOW THIS IS HAPPENING AND YET THEY AINT DOING A THING EXCEPT REPLACING THEM SO THEY CAN JUST BE BROKEN AGAIN!

It is very irritating to know that all my documents, files and photos will be deleted time after time if I keep getting new replacements.
right now I cannot trust samsung, I must email myself constantly of my files just incase the talet breaks down!

THIS SHOULD NOT BE NECESSARY!
I am not willing to pay for something which is just going to break! I do appreciate the fact they give replacements for free (atleast tesco did anyway) but if this keeps happening, for samsungs sake! FIX THE TABLETS BEFORE LETTING PEOPLE PURCHASE NEW ONES TO JUST BE DISSAPOINTED!

This tablet better be fixed, and I better not have one of these problems again!

felisse alexander

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
the gold bar color means that its charging it's probably off which is OK um what happens to me when I charge it is like this thing its like covers up the battery umm when I charge my battery I have to turned off because when I plug it in it doesn't work when its on so I turned off so what you should probably do is turned off and wait and see you for a couple of hours to see what happens if not you should probably go to the store and let the people checking out and get a new charger it's happened to me before couple times actually or like I plug it into the wall it works and then I put it into a different wall it doesn't work I'm using my tablet right now to basically when I do that I have to turn off wait for to charge when I haven't is it turns off then it turns the screen turns back on no yellow bar would come yellow battery would come upand it

same problem too when I charged is is red X that comes up on the bar I also need help when I do that I have to turn it off and wait for the yellow are pop up then I have to wait a couple of hours for to be charged again I plug it into every wall and I really need help

I'm having the same problem here bro I need help the only way I can get it to charge is when I turn it off I get to annoying when I really do want to use it

you want charge either I tried blowing it is I've tried putting in it right I tried putting it it in all the walls I could find and it it still doesn't work I have to turn it off to get it to charge it gets annoying when I really want to do something on it like play games or anything

Last edited by a moderator:

Thok

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

I have the same issue with my samsung galaxy and the way I corrected it is by buying a rocksteady cable for the Samsung it is much better than the stock cable the Galaxy Tab 2 comes with. I can run my battery down below 30% plug it in with the rocksteady cable and it charges fast with no red x on it, nor do i have to turn on power saving mode or turn off wifi, bluetooth ect..... So getting a new non samsung cable should fix it. Hopefully they will start making decent chargers someday.

Allen Meinecke

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

what if i can not find the origanal wall charger. i am haveing the exact same problem. when ever i try to charge it it comes half way on then brightens than it brightens than it sometimes comes up with a yello and black cross and sometimes it just shuts off please help i really like this tablet.

ishore

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site

Mine is a little different. It takes HOURS to charge.. Using the charger that came with my Note 10.1.