Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Battery won't charge

BigMeathead57

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy Tab2 had a low battery warning. I shut down the system and when I plugged in at home the system will not start the charging process. It keeps shutting off the screen when the battery icon is half yellow. I was using the wall plug it came with then bought another but it still has the same issue. I have tried every wall plug I have and plugging into my desktop. Tried holding down the power button. I tried holding down the power button and touch the screen, but it shuts the screen down before the battery icon starts the yellow cycle. Has anyone fixed this issue or any ideas I'm not thinking of?

rightclickfix

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I've got one 3 months old and it's doing the same thing so thought it best to report it. The more people post the more it gets recognised as a known issue. I happened after one month and is now doing it again. It's clearly a charging/battery issue.
Can someone from Samsung help us please?

edit: I left mine charging for 2 days solid and it booted up with the battery reading 100% so it's the charger/battery. I read somewhere that they need to kept above 30% for best usage so maybe it had run flat & just needed a good charge?

good luck :)

Last edited:

Robert Clavette

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm suffering the same fate. But my tab was plugged in and charging when it died. Now 2 days of charging and I still have a charging screen, no tab use. Hope a days charging will help. Let you all know. R C

beanctr10

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Same here as well. I think its a bad charger. I can plug in the wife's charger and I don't get the red x. I Jade also started turning off the tablet at night to charge. Doubt of it was a fix burn it helped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol