Skype Video Not Working on Tab 10.1

derekabest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Audio works fine on Skype but no video is not being displayed. I have re-installed the app, and made sure that the video is enabled in the Skype settings, but this has not helped. Samsung support were sympathetic, but - its a third party app. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

derekabest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Samung support told me that this would be done automatically by thje Skype software. Is there a soft switch setting that has to be done manually before starting Skype?

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
In the camera app in the left top corner of the screen tap the camera icon to switch cameras. You have to see yourself. Then try the Skype again. You have switch manually.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
If you do see your own picture when in camera app, it is likely a setting in Skype.

Sorry can't help further

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Loaded Skype on my tablet. Had to activate camera manually And also change from video to still on the right hand side of the camera app. Works fine like to that. If I put the r hand slider to the video setting only audio on Skype

derekabest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm afraid that didn't work. I guess I'll have to uninstall every app I have loaded on the Tab as a base starting point. If that doesn't work then I'm at a complete loss.

derekabest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I did a factory reset tonight as a last ditch effort to solve this problem, then installed Skype. It still doesn't stream video, only the audio. The video camera works fine independently. The only other thing I did prior to downloading Skype from the Playstore was to set up my Google mail account. Very perplexing.