Can't update my Android on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Randy Parvanov

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I know there are new versions for the Jelly Bean. I'm using the 4.0.3 and when I go to the Software update it shows me "No update available".
Any ideas why is not updating?

Thanks!

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The updates are rolled out in (to me) a random manner, in many cases leaving it to ISP to decide when they want to bestow an OS update on users.

Most parts of the USA/Canada have JB, the UK has JB rolled out. EU, Africa and Australasia still on 4.0.4 ICS.
You can check on Firmwares |?SamMobile, where you stand iro of update, but if you are with an ISP tehy hold the reins unless you want to go the root way. Then xda developers site will be your best bet

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Try installing Kies on a pc and try updating the firmware that way. That's how I did it.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Jose Casiano

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering about this too. the thing I'm asking is that is your Tablet on a network? Mines just the WIFI version so how can we get the update?

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
The Wi-Fi version update comes directly from Samsung.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Curtis Grigsby

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I am running the same machine as you. I am running android 4.1.1. Just tried an update but it says everything is updated.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

Pavan Krishna

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey I cannot update my tab 2 7.0 to 4.1.2 bcoz of the message : YOUR PHONE HAS BEEN MODIFIED. SOFTWAREUPDATES ARE NOT AVAILABLE
how to unmodify it?. plzz..... help me.

Greg Savage

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, You have to wait until Samsung makes the update available to your phone provider or direct for wifi only tablets. These are customized versions of the Android OS so they take longer to rollout.

MrZone

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the Rooted GT-5100, i temp unrooted in SU and still no update. I bought mine in amsterdam even tho i am norwagian... Plz help
I cannot update via kies as it says my device is not able to be firmware updated.

kleitos

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys. i try to update my samsung tab 2 GT-P5100 but i get the message 'no update available'.
I tried also through kies but it shows that i have the latest update. i am running android version 4.0.3
any ideas? any help?
i bought my tablet from cyprus and i am located to UK now.

Al Spaeth

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
The updates are rolled out in (to me) a random manner, in many cases leaving it to ISP to decide when they want to bestow an OS update on users.

Most parts of the USA/Canada have JB, the UK has JB rolled out. EU, Africa and Australasia still on 4.0.4 ICS.
You can check on Firmwares |*SamMobile, where you stand iro of update, but if you are with an ISP tehy hold the reins unless you want to go the root way. Then xda developers site will be your best bet

I was really looking forward to a nice clean efficient operating system called Android so I got a Galaxy Tab2 10.1 P5100 with Android 4.0.4 and a Galaxy S3 mini..
I downloaded Samsung Kies on my Win 7 desktop. I backup weekly and check for updates. None to date but I have read about multiple new versions of Android released this year so why don't we get them?
There was a fix for a major Android security problem released months ago but Samsung still hasn't supplied it to date. Surely this is urgent????
Why should my local ISP have anything to do with it? Windows update does not depend on my ISP to tell me which version I am allowed.
Jellybean was supposed to give me a more stable system with better battery life and its now old but I still can't get it.
I understand there are multiple Android versions but Samsung is one of the largest suppliers so no excuse for being 3 major Android releases behind.
I have found how to force update of my Tab to 4.2.2 but I lose all data and apps.

Will we ever see 4.4??

Android support sucks and apps lack basic functions.
Real "Micky Mouse" apps and games so far.
I have capped internet which means I pay per meg. I exit apps but they continue running in the background chewing bandwidth and costing me.
I show no apps running but i clear memory and 23 apps are stopped.
Finding files and folders not easy.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement - I should have gone Windows 8 on my tablet and phone.

I might change my mind if I had access to the latest Android - but I can't - which is the whole point of this thread!!!

Al Spaeth

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I checked SamMobile. Last firmware release for my Tab2 was June 2012!!!!! That's ancient history in the tech world!
Why don't they use terms we can understand?
Both Kies and SamMobile use versions which mean nothing to the user. How about including the word "Android" and the release version which we all understand.
By the way does Kies backup my Apps? If not it's worthless.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995