Is it possible to re install Android OS without all the bloatware?

gameson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the bloatware slows the tab performance. Compare to the Nexus 10 (I understand that Nexus has better CPU, RAM, etc), but I look at the task manager, almost 80% are already used (somehow my RAM only shows 800 MB instead of 1 GB on the Task Manager? and 600 MB already in used)

I also prefer Nexus stock UI vs the Samsung UI as well

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I think the bloatware slows the tab performance. Compare to the Nexus 10 (I understand that Nexus has better CPU, RAM, etc), but I look at the task manager, almost 80% are already used (somehow my RAM only shows 800 MB instead of 1 GB on the Task Manager? and 600 MB already in used)

I also prefer Nexus stock UI vs the Samsung UI as well

You can't uninstall an OS. You're stuck with Samsung's bloatware and UI. That's the beauty of the Nexus line of devices.... pure Android.

gameson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
oh :( There is no chance to find an untouched Android OS and install it?

I am considering if I should return my Tab 2. I bought mine cheap ($210 factory refurb, it looks like new to me, most likely a returned product). But I love the Nexus 10 OS, but Nexus never goes on sale (just like the iPhone).

What do you think?

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
You can load custom roms on the Galaxy Tab 2.. Google it.. It's out there. The main thing slowing you down compared to a Nexus 10 is the much better processor speed in the Nexus 10.