Cannot remove some Apps

ripleyrott

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I have tried and cannot remove some apps from my Tab 2 10.1, such as the magazine one. I don't want this app and I cannot figure how to remove it. Reading other posts leads me to believe that Samsung did this on purpose. What bothers me is that it consumes system resources and memory for an app I will never use. Any help would be appreciated. Please keep in mind I am not and do not want to be a hacker or rooter. I like the table enough that I will live with it if I can't fins a way to solve the problem.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have tried and cannot remove some apps from my Tab 2 10.1, such as the magazine one. I don't want this app and I cannot figure how to remove it. Reading other posts leads me to believe that Samsung did this on purpose. What bothers me is that it consumes system resources and memory for an app I will never use. Any help would be appreciated. Please keep in mind I am not and do not want to be a hacker or rooter. I like the table enough that I will live with it if I can't fins a way to solve the problem.

There are some apps that come with the device that are not removable without root access and/or unlocking the boot loader and flashing a ROM over them. These are deemed, "bloadware" and are hated pretty much universally by everyone that is not being paid to include them on your device. Without rooting, the only other options is, as you stated, live with it and try to ignore them.

Norm Mosley

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Some pre-installed apps can be disabled.

Go into your settings then select Application Manager. Go to the last tab which is All.

Select the app you don't want. If you are lucky, where the Uninstall button is for downloaded apps, you may see a Disable button instead.

If that's the case, select disable then the app should disappear from you app screens etc. To re enable a disabled app, select Enable. (the disabled apps are at the bottom of the list)

This doesn't work with all bloatware but I've managed to disable things like GameHub, VideoHub, Yahoo! Finance etc.

ripleyrott

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
After reading every ones input I was able to remove some of the "bloatware". Thanks to all of you for your input, it is nice to know there are other people who feel the same way I do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia