1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Some questions!

Hi there. I currently use an iPad 2 for my tablet, used it forever. Quite like it. However, I got my first smartphone on my dad's dataplan and got a Galaxy S4. ATT was running a promotion for a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 $200 off with an S4. My dad had an old iPhone 3gs which they took and reduced the price to $100. And it's connected to the 3g plan for 2 years! My dad was planning to keep the tablet for himself, but he's not liking it and likes his iPad better and offered it to me as a trade. I usually only use one or two apps mainly and internet mostly in bed on the tablet. My dad offered me the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for my iPad 2, which I'm considering taking. Any advice?

I do have a question, does it sync well with s4?

What are your favorite features about the galaxy tab 2 10.1?

What are your favorite apps that work with the galaxy tab?

Any problems I should be aware of?

Default Re: Some questions!

Just my opinion but, my wife has an iPad 2 and I have the Tab 2 10.1. My next tablet (this fall if it comes out) will be the iPad 5. While I can do some things with the Tab that I can't do on her tablet, the overall speed, simplicity and continual OS upgrades will send me to the "dark side". Some specific apps that we have for the iPad are just great and are either non-existent or just plain awful for the Android. Like it or not, admit to it or not, the defacto standard for tablets is and will still be the iPad for a long time to come, IMHO of course. NOT an Apple fanboy in the least. Wife and I both have Android (Galaxy S3 - like the larger screens) phones and like them.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by 11290 View Post
    Just my opinion but, my wife has an iPad 2 and I have the Tab 2 10.1. My next tablet (this fall if it comes out) will be the iPad 5. While I can do some things with the Tab that I can't do on her tablet, the overall speed, simplicity and continual OS upgrades will send me to the "dark side". Some specific apps that we have for the iPad are just great and are either non-existent or just plain awful for the Android. Like it or not, admit to it or not, the defacto standard for tablets is and will still be the iPad for a long time to come, IMHO of course. NOT an Apple fanboy in the least. Wife and I both have Android (Galaxy S3 - like the larger screens) phones and like them.
    Thanks for the answer. My iPad 2 always had wifi issues that Apple denied. It didn't work when we walked in the backyard, front yard, or dining room. Constantly dropped. I love gestures and the apps for the iOS they're amazing. I played with the Android Galaxy Tab. I'd miss the iPad's gestures. But, all the apps I like and use are on the Android except for one game I hardly play. I like the better syncing with my phone, the remote, the wider wifi range... I can use it two houses away now! I agree the iOS on the tablet is amazing. After a lot of debating with myself I made the trade. The tablet has a dataplan for the next two years my dad said he'd continue to pay for as well, so it pushed it's value up more. I love the browser and it's nowhere near as buggy as the one on iPad that freezed for me all the time.

Thank you 11290!

Can't answe for s4 but I a s3 am d tab 2 10.1
    Have them since summer they sink flawlessly using stock programs.Mail contacts calendar evernote alsobas wellbas anydo
    These were my first androids after yearsxof bbery with outlook.
    Never regretted switch.

Posted via Android Central App