Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default can't play Amazon prime movies

I have amazon prime membership. So I get to watch free movies and t.v shows. I can watch them on my kindle of course and on my. Laptop computer. But with this galaxy tab 2 10.1. Iwhen I try to play movies this tablet. Says it doesnt support. So dont know if I need to find a codec or what?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: can't play Amazon prime movies

Anyone have any help?

It just wont support it till they get the app, out or change the format of the movies to play on anything other then a PC, iProduct or a kindle.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks! Its been driving me nuts! The kindle. Fire hd was my first tablet. I got it because of the great screan and the mimo wifi. I have the dreaded broadband internet. So needed the faster wifi with the mimo. Didn't have a clue about the Amazon only everything. Untill after I bought it But I LOVE the amazon prime! Abwhile ago I had the note2 then since I got the kindle I didnt need the note anymore. So went into the at&t store and lucky me the gs4 came out 3 days prior. So I traded in and walked out with a gs4 and this tab2 10.1 ! So now I have a nice tablet which I am likening very much. And a great kindle that is totally useless except for the prime that I love! So I was thinking I could sell the kindle and watch the prime on this new tab. But of course cant watch. On this tab frustrating!

If anyone answers this question, I would appreciate it as well. I do have a Kindle reading app on my tablet but I also would really like to be able to watch Amazon Prime on my tablet.

You can use the latest Dolphin browser, change the settings to desktop mode, and set Flash support on. Open the browser, navigate to Amazon, pick a movie, and Whalaa! Your video will play (at least it did on my Note 8.0)