Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Joseph Dilworth
  • 1 Post By Christopher Jacobi
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Frequently Rebooting

Starting today, my Tab 2 10.1 has just started rebooting constantly. Sometimes it will be fine, but then whatever I app I am in will freeze and the machine will reboot. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. It is staying booted up for less and less time. Any suggestions or advice? Hoping to avoid factory reset, but I have a feeling that may be my only option at this point.
    Hidy22000 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Frequently Rebooting

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Dilworth View Post
    Starting today, my Tab 2 10.1 has just started rebooting constantly. Sometimes it will be fine, but then whatever I app I am in will freeze and the machine will reboot. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. It is staying booted up for less and less time. Any suggestions or advice? Hoping to avoid factory reset, but I have a feeling that may be my only option at this point.
    Instead, you can reboot into recovery. Power down. Then press volume up and power at the same time. Release when you see Samsung's logo. You will get a highlighted menu that you navigate with volume rockers, and accept with power buttons. Scroll down to wipe cache partition, and hit power. Takes a few seconds, then hit power to reboot system. See if that helps. A factory reset does this during the process, this just doesn't delete any apps.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Unfortunately, that did not help, but that is handy to know for the future.

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Dilworth View Post
    Unfortunately, that did not help, but that is handy to know for the future.
    Afraid I am currently out of ideas. Any new apps recently downloaded? If so, uninstall and slowly add them back...like a day or two between.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I had exactly the same problem which brought me to this thread. I previously did a factory reset which helped for a while before the problem reared its ugly head again, with the tablet rebooting up to 10 times a day. Somehow Google play service was one of the processes running on the tablet. After I have uninstalled it, the rebooting stopped and in fact my tablet has been running now without a reboot for four days. Only problem is that my tablet is now constantly reminding me to install/update/enable it.

On my tab 2. If I press the switch and down volume key to go to my other menu it tells me no commands. How can I resolve this.

Posted via Android Central App

My wife had problem when she would be playing game it would reboot into home screen again. I downloaded flash for android and problem solved.

Hi please help me
    my device Galaxy P5100 Tab 2 10.1 no rooted no update
    android 4.0.4
    reboots itself three times and more in day
    when i use it or no
    i do factory reset two times and the problem still
    the apps which i install about 10 apps
    Chrome and Facebook ,i didn't install it

My Tab 2 was much more stable with 4.1. I'm on 4.1.2 now and have zero problems. Luckily by reading this form I avoided 4.2.

Posted via Android Central App
    Gunther Jorg likes this.