Help rooting my Tab!

MrZone

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100 running android 4.0.3 and it is rooted. I would like to update my Android to the newer jelly bean 4.1++ patches but i dont know what to do.
Do i need to re-root?
Is there anny roots that i can use?
Do i need to whipe it?

Please point me in the right direction and keep in mind that i am new to android!

Thank you! :-* :-*

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100 running android 4.0.3 and it is rooted. I would like to update my Android to the newer jelly bean 4.1++ patches but i dont know what to do.
Do i need to re-root?
Is there anny roots that i can use?
Do i need to whipe it?

Please point me in the right direction and keep in mind that i am new to android!

Thank you! :-* :-*

Welcome to Android and the forums!!
Typically when you root, you lose all ability to gain OTA updates. You would have to revert back to fully stock and then accept the updates. Then reroot.

MrZone

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok i see.

Will i be able to re-root or do i need to wait for someone to hack android (like IOS jailbreaks) ?
When i revert do i loose all my files, apps and settings? (in that case i will do a backup)

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok i see.

Will i be able to re-root or do i need to wait for someone to hack android (like IOS jailbreaks) ?
When i revert do i loose all my files, apps and settings? (in that case i will do a backup)

You shouldn't lose files, but I am paranoid enough about it to suggest to do a backup anyway. Nothing wrong with doing that and not needing it.

Sent from a Carbon Galaxy S3.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
As for rerooting, it may depend. Sometimes it doesn't change sometimes it does. Wherever you got your rooting procedures done, ask there if the files and steps have changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21