what is kies???

kaschiro

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I have only had my tab for about 3 weeks and I really like it...but I am a stranger to it still!!! but I am learning!!!!!!!! I got a blurb about installing kies and getting up dates...the system is running Ice cream sandwich, witch I guess is the latest and greatest (I really do not know, I am not a tecky, just an advanced senior citizen with some technical knowledge) It says something about transferring data from my pc to the tab using the wifi....then it says to use a cable from pc to tab. Do I have to upgrade and if how do I do it!!! I need exact steps on how to do it, I have a diminished senior brain, so we have to do it by the numbers ie(open the door, walk thru it, close the door, etc).
Regards,
Kas:):)

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Click on the link below to get the instructions:
How Do I Update The Firmware On My Tab Using Kies? : Wi-Fi Tabs | Samsung

Click on the link below to download Kies and there is also a tutorial too:
SAMSUNG KIES

It is a pleasure to help out senior citizens. All of the steps are in the first link and the download is in the second link. Download only the Kies version that is made for your operating system (as in Windows or Mac). The lastest firmware is Jelly Bean.

kaschiro

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
So from what I reading I will upgrading to jellybean from ice cream sandwich and that jellybean is better. what will I get by upgrading to jellybean.
will it be faster? are there more apps? what are the pros and cons?
Inquiring minds want to know
Kas

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
So from what I reading I will upgrading to jellybean from ice cream sandwich and that jellybean is better. what will I get by upgrading to jellybean.
will it be faster? are there more apps? what are the pros and cons?
Inquiring minds want to know
Kas

Kas,

If you can upgrade to 4.1.2 then I'd say it's worthwhile. JB 4.1.1 had many many reported usb connection flaws. You will also find the settings changed from 4.0.4 ICS.

Spikes

kaschiro

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Kas,

If you can upgrade to 4.1.2 then I'd say it's worthwhile. JB 4.1.1 had many many reported usb connection flaws. You will also find the settings changed from 4.0.4 ICS.

Spikes

I started the upgrade it got to about 74% and it stopped and it say "unable to proceed connection error" Then I tried it again and it tried and when it got to 74% it stopped again. I went and checked my data system and it read android version 4.1.2 ....before the upgrade it read 4.1.2 ...does this mean I already had JB on the machine? and what is the connection error
Kas

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
You said you had ICS before. I think that is an error. Connect to Kies and see what it says. If it tells you to update it, your tablet must have an error. Try a firmware recovery because you might have messed up your tablet. All of these are accessible using Kies. You can also try an online chat with Samsung Support via the Samsung website.

kaschiro

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
The kies told me to up date that is was ok....and it as I said it give me the error message half way thru...I have not noticed any difference after the the aborted update. I think that is good Idea to get a hold of of samsung and see what they have to say...do you by any chance have the url for samsung? as far as the ICS that is what verizon told me that is what it had. I have no idea what the difference between JB,ICS and the man in the moon, what I am hearing that JB is Better than ICS
Thanks for the input
Kas

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
The kies told me to up date that is was ok....and it as I said it give me the error message half way thru...I have not noticed any difference after the the aborted update. I think that is good Idea to get a hold of of samsung and see what they have to say...do you by any chance have the url for samsung? as far as the ICS that is what verizon told me that is what it had. I have no idea what the difference between JB,ICS and the man in the moon, what I am hearing that JB is Better than ICS
Thanks for the input
Kas

Samsung US | TVs ? Tablets ? Smartphones ? Cameras ? Laptops ? Refrigerators

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173