4.2 update likes dislikes

papafrankm

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Just got the 4.2 update.
Like that the Mini app key has been moved to the far right.
Recent apps now scroll horizontal rarhervthan vertical.
Task manager appeared same.
Notify on top now matches my gs3.
No change in camera function, thought maybe zoo.
You canreaarange the functions in the settings bar.
Also like the stickies in the calendar.

Posted via Android Central App

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you noticed the app icons not glowing when you activate them on the homescreen? Another user pointed this out and I looked into it. I cannot unsee it. This is on a Tab 2 7, but it should be very similar. Let me know if you have the same thing.

anon(7888417)

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if there a change log on 4.2.2 update for gt2 10.1 I can't find one on the net. I only find the one for 7.0. Bla you would think people would cover updates for 10.1 but don't wth :( anyone got a change log for gt2 that be great

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I just couldn't help myself and did the update last night. I got a notification on my Kies software on my pc that there was an update for that. Once I ran that update it showed I had an update for the p5113.

Anyway I was at Frys today and was fooling around with a Galaxy note 10.1 running 4.2.2. It looks exactly like what we have now. .... Except- There is no notification bar on the bottom of the screen. Its not needed on the note because it has soft touch navigation buttons on the bezel. This give the note a much nicer cleaner look. We have to have that bottom bar for navigation purposes. The 16:9 ratio is a bit scrunched for web viewing while in landscape. Adding the notification bar at the top and keeping at the bottom scrunches it even more.

If I could ask Samsung for something it would be the ability to move that bottom navigation bar to the side I think it would be easier to use with your thumb and would make the screen a little more balanced looking. Other than that I haven't played with it all that much yet. I did do a Factory Data reset after Netflix started buffering on me.

anon(7888417)

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I just couldn't help myself and did the update last night. I got a notification on my Kies software on my pc that there was an update for that. Once I ran that update it showed I had an update for the p5113.

Anyway I was at Frys today and was fooling around with a Galaxy note 10.1 running 4.2.2. It looks exactly like what we have now. .... Except- There is no notification bar on the bottom of the screen. Its not needed on the note because it has soft touch navigation buttons on the bezel. This give the note a much nicer cleaner look. We have to have that bottom bar for navigation purposes. The 16:9 ratio is a bit scrunched for web viewing while in landscape. Adding the notification bar at the top and keeping at the bottom scrunches it even more.

If I could ask Samsung for something it would be the ability to move that bottom navigation bar to the side I think it would be easier to use with your thumb and would make the screen a little more balanced looking. Other than that I haven't played with it all that much yet. I did do a Factory Data reset after Netflix started buffering on me.

removing it na. I think they make it sort of transparent like they did to the top. and allow us to run apps in full screen if we choose too and like I dunno double tap screen to bring up buttom buttons :) That would be a better approach :)

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Theres an app I used to use called Button Savior. It placed the navigation buttons on screen. It was highly customizable. You could add or remove buttons, change location from bottom top or side. They were semi transparent and you could make them lighter or darker. That is exactly what we need. The ability to customize the bottom bar.

anon(7888417)

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Theres an app I used to use called Button Savior. It placed the navigation buttons on screen. It was highly customizable. You could add or remove buttons, change location from bottom top or side. They were semi transparent and you could make them lighter or darker. That is exactly what we need. The ability to customize the bottom bar.

Not what I had in mind but I'm sure someone will like it

Last edited:

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
That's an old app and just an example of what could be done. At minimum making the bottom bar transparent would be very helpful and look so much better. I think allowing user customization wouldbe even better. Another thing Button Savior does is hide the buttons completely except for a small tab that can be pulled out to reveal them when needed.

redtater

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I discovered that if you do a LONG hold on the screen settings to power off, the device will stay off...
Also I noticed that goggle play movies and tv shows now play on my device. Before nothing, well maybe audio now and then.

asookraj

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know a way that I could but the status bar back on the bottom? Like it was. I so don't like the one on top, it's too tiny and I have nails. It makes it awkward.

Posted via Android Central App

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
You can just drag down with your fingertip instead of trying to press on the little icons up top. A lot easier.. I like the notification bar up top.. It feels more like real Android at the top.

mwoelfle

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm not liking the fact that the address bar disappears from the stock browser. Yeah, I know there are plenty of free browsers out there, but for me the stock browser does just what I want. I've gone to Settings-->Labs and then unchecked the box that says "use full screen mode to hide the status bar", but this has had no effect, it still disappears after scrolling downwards. I dislike having to scroll all the way back to the top of a page to make the address bar reappear.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to lock it onto the screen?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7