Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jeffrok
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default 4.2 update likes dislikes

    Just got the 4.2 update.
    Like that the Mini app key has been moved to the far right.
    Recent apps now scroll horizontal rarhervthan vertical.
    Task manager appeared same.
    Notify on top now matches my gs3.
    No change in camera function, thought maybe zoo.
    You canreaarange the functions in the settings bar.
    Also like the stickies in the calendar.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    Scott Kenyon's Avatar

    Posts
    2,162 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    Have you noticed the app icons not glowing when you activate them on the homescreen? Another user pointed this out and I looked into it. I cannot unsee it. This is on a Tab 2 7, but it should be very similar. Let me know if you have the same thing.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    Did not notice the difference on the icons 10.1

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    Didn't notice this at all on tab 2 10.1 either
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    Anyone figure out what the daydream setting is under display settings WiFi version?

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    I wonder if there a change log on 4.2.2 update for gt2 10.1 I can't find one on the net. I only find the one for 7.0. Bla you would think people would cover updates for 10.1 but don't wth anyone got a change log for gt2 that be great
  7. #7  

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    I just couldn't help myself and did the update last night. I got a notification on my Kies software on my pc that there was an update for that. Once I ran that update it showed I had an update for the p5113.

    Anyway I was at Frys today and was fooling around with a Galaxy note 10.1 running 4.2.2. It looks exactly like what we have now. .... Except- There is no notification bar on the bottom of the screen. Its not needed on the note because it has soft touch navigation buttons on the bezel. This give the note a much nicer cleaner look. We have to have that bottom bar for navigation purposes. The 16:9 ratio is a bit scrunched for web viewing while in landscape. Adding the notification bar at the top and keeping at the bottom scrunches it even more.

    If I could ask Samsung for something it would be the ability to move that bottom navigation bar to the side I think it would be easier to use with your thumb and would make the screen a little more balanced looking. Other than that I haven't played with it all that much yet. I did do a Factory Data reset after Netflix started buffering on me.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    Quote Originally Posted by johna2u View Post
    I just couldn't help myself and did the update last night. I got a notification on my Kies software on my pc that there was an update for that. Once I ran that update it showed I had an update for the p5113.

    Anyway I was at Frys today and was fooling around with a Galaxy note 10.1 running 4.2.2. It looks exactly like what we have now. .... Except- There is no notification bar on the bottom of the screen. Its not needed on the note because it has soft touch navigation buttons on the bezel. This give the note a much nicer cleaner look. We have to have that bottom bar for navigation purposes. The 16:9 ratio is a bit scrunched for web viewing while in landscape. Adding the notification bar at the top and keeping at the bottom scrunches it even more.

    If I could ask Samsung for something it would be the ability to move that bottom navigation bar to the side I think it would be easier to use with your thumb and would make the screen a little more balanced looking. Other than that I haven't played with it all that much yet. I did do a Factory Data reset after Netflix started buffering on me.
    removing it na. I think they make it sort of transparent like they did to the top. and allow us to run apps in full screen if we choose too and like I dunno double tap screen to bring up buttom buttons That would be a better approach
    -Daniel
  9. #9  

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    Theres an app I used to use called Button Savior. It placed the navigation buttons on screen. It was highly customizable. You could add or remove buttons, change location from bottom top or side. They were semi transparent and you could make them lighter or darker. That is exactly what we need. The ability to customize the bottom bar.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    Quote Originally Posted by johna2u View Post
    Theres an app I used to use called Button Savior. It placed the navigation buttons on screen. It was highly customizable. You could add or remove buttons, change location from bottom top or side. They were semi transparent and you could make them lighter or darker. That is exactly what we need. The ability to customize the bottom bar.
    Not what I had in mind but I'm sure someone will like it
    Last edited by eKoKnight; 09-09-2013 at 10:40 PM.
    -Daniel
  11. #11  

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    That's an old app and just an example of what could be done. At minimum making the bottom bar transparent would be very helpful and look so much better. I think allowing user customization wouldbe even better. Another thing Button Savior does is hide the buttons completely except for a small tab that can be pulled out to reveal them when needed.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    Does anybody know how to move the home screen to number 3 I dont like it on 2

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. #13  

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    Never mind I just changed it all I had to do is look at my s4

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #14  

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    Anyone having 'shut down' issues? Mine won't power off! It does, then comes right back, like a restart.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    I am having same issue since update. Wont stay powered off and is killing my battery #frustrating
  16. #16  

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    I discovered that if you do a LONG hold on the screen settings to power off, the device will stay off...
    Also I noticed that goggle play movies and tv shows now play on my device. Before nothing, well maybe audio now and then.
  17. #17  
    jeffrok's Avatar

    Posts
    480 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Linda Black View Post
    Does anybody know how to move the home screen to number 3 I dont like it on 2

    Posted via Android Central App

    So how did you do it? I'd like to know..

    Thanks.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    Does anyone know a way that I could but the status bar back on the bottom? Like it was. I so don't like the one on top, it's too tiny and I have nails. It makes it awkward.

    Posted via Android Central App
  19. #19  
    jeffrok's Avatar

    Posts
    480 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    You can just drag down with your fingertip instead of trying to press on the little icons up top. A lot easier.. I like the notification bar up top.. It feels more like real Android at the top.
    mugenlude19 likes this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    I'm not liking the fact that the address bar disappears from the stock browser. Yeah, I know there are plenty of free browsers out there, but for me the stock browser does just what I want. I've gone to Settings-->Labs and then unchecked the box that says "use full screen mode to hide the status bar", but this has had no effect, it still disappears after scrolling downwards. I dislike having to scroll all the way back to the top of a page to make the address bar reappear.

    Am I missing something? Is there a way to lock it onto the screen?
  21. #21  

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    On my tab 2. If I press the switch and down volume key to go to my other menu it tells me no commands. How can I resolve this.

    Posted via Android Central App
  22. #22  
    jeffrok's Avatar

    Posts
    480 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: 4.2 update likes dislikes

    Quote Originally Posted by mwoelfle View Post
    I'm not liking the fact that the address bar disappears from the stock browser. Yeah, I know there are plenty of free browsers out there, but for me the stock browser does just what I want. I've gone to Settings-->Labs and then unchecked the box that says "use full screen mode to hide the status bar", but this has had no effect, it still disappears after scrolling downwards. I dislike having to scroll all the way back to the top of a page to make the address bar reappear.

    Am I missing something? Is there a way to lock it onto the screen?
    I wish.. I also like the stock browser other than that part.. Next best browser for the Tab 2 is Chrome. Runs slower but it's pretty nice. Dolphin is good too.

Similar Threads

  1. What's Motorola's update rate look like with VZW?
    By alee in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 03:26 PM
  2. Update issue
    By mrip in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 04:17 PM
  3. apps like greenify that dont require rooting?
    By mixil in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 10:31 AM
  4. Rooted update
    By Liam France in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 09:11 AM
  5. Dolphin Browser update version details realized
    By asherking in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 03:29 AM

Posting Permissions