Tab 2 10.1 won't stay off

anon(7888417)

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Must be international versions or something I'm in the US my tab 2 P5113 isn't having this issue at all. So if you have a different model of tab 2 it could be that model is effected by 4.2.2

redtater

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
This is getting ridiculous....All the quick fix work arounds seem to only work every now and then, even the ones I suggested. Samsung really needs to fix this. What is the point of having a device that you can't even shut off.

JR RO

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I both have a 10.1 they are both updated to the 4.2.2. Hers is good like always, mine won't shut down like I'm reading here from everyone else. none of these fixes are working for me. I can't even go back to factory reset.

Pearson33

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I can go you one better.

I experienced the same problem (will not stay turned off) when my tab did an OTA upgrade to 4.2.2. After trying the normal things I received authorization from Samsung to return the tab to the factory for a reimage. This was done during the last two weeks of September.

I could not believe the tab came back with 4.1.1. Yep, they reimaged with the old version. Sure enough, first day back the tab did the OTA update to 4.2..2 Guess what? Won't turn off!

Samsung wants me to send the tab in yet again for another factory reimage. I am fighting this as I already know the results.

Does anybody know when and if Samsung will reimage these Tab 2 10.1 to version 4.2.2?

mugenlude19

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I feel like an Apple user complaining after updates.
I haven't told my Apple friends yet in fear of hurting the Android name...

Posted via Android Central App

testy5530

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I went online and did chat with Samsung...They tried to get em to do a bunch of thing none of which worked,,,They then wanted me to factory rest which i was not going to do. I refused and asked if this was a know issue and finally after repeating my question several time he admitted it was.......and they where working on a fix. I as why amke me jump though all these hoops just to tell me in the end you are working an a fix arrrrrr. As far as i know it not everyone has this issue but, there are lots that do. No one has come up with a fix so its up to us and social media to presser Samsung to get this fixed. My suggestion is to tweet and utube over and over to get it noticed and fix. Maybe a decline in sales will help them fix this!

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Which is why all "allow Auto update" settings on my tab and KIES has been disabled since I got the tab in 2012. I only updated to 4.1.2 which is very stable in August 2013.

Spikes

Calyn Leake Zeiger

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Must be international versions or something I'm in the US my tab 2 P5113 isn't having this issue at all. So if you have a different model of tab 2 it could be that model is effected by 4.2.2

I'm in the USA and having the same issue as most the others. Didn't realize it was an issue until I thought I had turned the tablet off in my purse as Mass started only to have the tablet restart LOUDLY. Nothing I've done will get it to turn off besides letting the battery run down entirely.

FJWGalaxy10

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I tried all the different ways to shut my tab down, but none worked. So I tried a combination of different ways. The only way mine will shut down is:

- Plug in your device to an electrical outlet

- Press and hold the "power button" and "up on the volume button" at the same time until it shuts down

- It should shut down and remain off.

elcubanito66

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, I did it. I did a hard reset and wiped everything on my Tab 2 10.1 and installed all the apps again and I checked to see if it still has that problem and yes, It won't shut off. And also, some are saying that maybe for the international versions that is the problem. NO NO NO. I bought mine in the US and I am in Costa Rica now and it won't shut off. So this is a bummer but I hope that android does a fix on this soon.

elcubanito66

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I did the factory reset and guess what, still doing it after loading all my apps again. So, don't do a factory reset only if you want to clean it up and start fresh.

centrojas

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I?m John, from Argentina (South America)...So...I have the "Won't Turn Off" problem with Android 4.2.2 with my GT-P5113. None of the solutions above solved the problem for me. The only think that "fix" it (if you like..) was to make a downgrade to the original stock, Android 4.1.1 (This was the version for my 5113). Now I can turn off the tablet without problem. I know, it?s not a solution to the Android 4.2.2 problem "per se", BUT at least you can sleep happy knowing that your tablet doesn?t have a hardware problem.
I?m sorry for my english...
Bye!!!

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
What it looks like to me is that somehow the OS has screwed up the "shutdown" choice on the "shutdown" - "airplane mode" - "restart" menu box to somehow do the same thing as the restart choice.

I read about the the removing the microSD card on another forum. It worked for me, I thought I had a viable solution until Samsung gets off their lazy a$$es and provides a solution for this stupid problem. But then it quit working! In spite of not installing the microSD card, the tablet is back to restarting on its own after shutting down in both the home and lock screens.

I guess I'm going to have to try the factory reset thing. I see that I already have it set to Backup data, and automatic restore in the settings.

April P

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
My 10.1 Samsung Tablet is doing the same thing since the last software update. It will not stay powered off. Now as I was registering to leave a message on here, I just looked down at my tablet and now it is off.???? Weird! Sometimes I wonder if this tablet was worth buying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay