Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: Tab 2 10.1 won't stay off

I went online and did chat with Samsung...They tried to get em to do a bunch of thing none of which worked,,,They then wanted me to factory rest which i was not going to do. I refused and asked if this was a know issue and finally after repeating my question several time he admitted it was.......and they where working on a fix. I as why amke me jump though all these hoops just to tell me in the end you are working an a fix arrrrrr. As far as i know it not everyone has this issue but, there are lots that do. No one has come up with a fix so its up to us and social media to presser Samsung to get this fixed. My suggestion is to tweet and utube over and over to get it noticed and fix. Maybe a decline in sales will help them fix this!

Same here, makes me wonder if maybe I should have bought an ipad

Posted via Android Central App

Which is why all "allow Auto update" settings on my tab and KIES has been disabled since I got the tab in 2012. I only updated to 4.1.2 which is very stable in August 2013.

Spikes
    GT-5100 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
    I-9500 4.3 Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by eKoKnight View Post
    Must be international versions or something I'm in the US my tab 2 P5113 isn't having this issue at all. So if you have a different model of tab 2 it could be that model is effected by 4.2.2
    I'm in the USA and having the same issue as most the others. Didn't realize it was an issue until I thought I had turned the tablet off in my purse as Mass started only to have the tablet restart LOUDLY. Nothing I've done will get it to turn off besides letting the battery run down entirely.
    mugenlude19 likes this.

I tried all the different ways to shut my tab down, but none worked. So I tried a combination of different ways. The only way mine will shut down is:

- Plug in your device to an electrical outlet

- Press and hold the "power button" and "up on the volume button" at the same time until it shuts down

- It should shut down and remain off.

Well, I did it. I did a hard reset and wiped everything on my Tab 2 10.1 and installed all the apps again and I checked to see if it still has that problem and yes, It won't shut off. And also, some are saying that maybe for the international versions that is the problem. NO NO NO. I bought mine in the US and I am in Costa Rica now and it won't shut off. So this is a bummer but I hope that android does a fix on this soon.

Don't be dum, Ipad is junk.
    mugenlude19 likes this.

Global Posts
    6,212 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by elcubanito66 View Post
    Don't be dum, Ipad is junk.
    iPad may not be our choice but it's hardly junk. The build quality is high and the app ecosystem needs no explanation.

from a Note 3
    Live long and prosper.

I did the factory reset and guess what, still doing it after loading all my apps again. So, don't do a factory reset only if you want to clean it up and start fresh.
    mugenlude19 likes this.

Tried holding power and volume up buttons at same time and it did turn off and has stayed off, so far. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobl2 View Post
    Ever since I updated the firmware it turns back on right after I turn it off. Does this constantly!
    I found out that if it is plugged in to a charger it will turn off without auto-rebooting. This should work for now, hopefully android updates this.

Hi! Im John, from Argentina (South America)...So...I have the "Won't Turn Off" problem with Android 4.2.2 with my GT-P5113. None of the solutions above solved the problem for me. The only think that "fix" it (if you like..) was to make a downgrade to the original stock, Android 4.1.1 (This was the version for my 5113). Now I can turn off the tablet without problem. I know, its not a solution to the Android 4.2.2 problem "per se", BUT at least you can sleep happy knowing that your tablet doesnt have a hardware problem.
    Im sorry for my english...
    Bye!!!

What it looks like to me is that somehow the OS has screwed up the "shutdown" choice on the "shutdown" - "airplane mode" - "restart" menu box to somehow do the same thing as the restart choice.

I read about the the removing the microSD card on another forum. It worked for me, I thought I had a viable solution until Samsung gets off their lazy a$$es and provides a solution for this stupid problem. But then it quit working! In spite of not installing the microSD card, the tablet is back to restarting on its own after shutting down in both the home and lock screens.

I guess I'm going to have to try the factory reset thing. I see that I already have it set to Backup data, and automatic restore in the settings.

Unhappy Re: Tab 2 10.1 won't stay off

My 10.1 Samsung Tablet is doing the same thing since the last software update. It will not stay powered off. Now as I was registering to leave a message on here, I just looked down at my tablet and now it is off.???? Weird! Sometimes I wonder if this tablet was worth buying.

Why don't someone start a class action law suit against Samsung?? They do nothing but ignore us.

I have also tried an update my problem is that most apps only want to respond when my internet is connected and some touch is not resognised in my browser neeed urgent help!!!!

But also my tab shuts down only when i use restart instead of shutdown.

Check and see this tab is back to front everything is in the opposite place of the last version

i had the same problem. what worked for me was pluging it in with the charger and hold the power button untill it shuts off. hop this will work for you

I just did a factory reset last week and it still cycles. I tried while plugged in to no avail!
    Our tablets can have flash which rock the socks off of any Apple product!

I sell for vzw and showing off free live sports streams on first row make mactards drool.
    I had customers watch UFC ppv live and All NFL, NBA, MLB streams. Apple sucks!

I have a P5113 and did not have this problem with the 4.2.2 update. I downloaded it though Kies and installed it that way since the OTA failed. I have since rooted it and installed CM 10.2 (Android 4.3) on it. I will post instructions on how to root and install 4.3 WITH TABLET UI!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    mugenlude19 likes this.

My Tab2 started seeing these automatic reboots a couple months ago. I accidentally ran into a workaround which may have worked 80-100% of the time. I played a movie from the mini sd card (I think mp4 file) for a minute or so and without exiting the movie I hit the power button and selected ok. It worked for me almost every time. The only time it probably did not work is when I played a video from the tablet and not from the external card. Can you guys please try this and see if it works?

Samsung! Do they really think they are fooling anyone by denying that this 4.2.2 update is bogus! I just rooted my Galaxy Tab2, and if I can't find
    a fix I will reinstall either the older Android version, or perhaps CyanogenMod. BTW I will never buy another Samsung product unless they stop
    INSULTING their customers and fix the problem THEY created with THEIR automatic update! What assholes!

Ever since I updated my notebook three days ago it wont stay off. It shuts down then automatically turns back on two minutes later..

Same problem Samsung response "we understand you cannot turn your tablet on" after I told them the table would not power down......I rest my case.....

I am so frustrated right now. My tab just updated a couple of weeks ago and now I'm having these same problems. Used online chat for customer support and he sent me the link to request service. Today, after spending all morning searching for my receipt to get my purchase date, I filled out the request and it said that since I am out of warranty I would have to pay all costs for repair. I am a senior citizen who has purchased a lot of Samsung products over all these years, but if this is how they treat their customers then I'll never buy their products again. They should have pulled this update as soon as they became aware that there was a problem with it instead of letting more and more people fall victim. Thank goodness my husband is willing to share his Kindle with me because I will not pay them to fix their problem. I loved my tablet before this update. Why can't they just send you the old version like they do the updates?

You can turn the ipad off. (enough said)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast