Immediately after the software update started getting an authentication error, but only on one network. Actually the network I am using on my Samsung laptop, which has no issues. its running win 8. all other networks I have encountered have had no issues. Why this one network and only on my tablet???
    09-25-2013 02:19 PM
    I was having a problem with my tablet refusing to connect to my WiFi network after I upgraded my router to a Linksys EA6500 (or it may have started after the reset software update for the tablet - both things happened about the same time).

The tablet tried to connect then reported "Authentication Error." After trying numerous things, I think that I finally fixed the problem by changing the password for the network on the router. I was using a password that was all numbers. I made sure that the new one contained a mix of numbers and letter. My theory is that the tablet confused the numeric password for the "hex key" version of the password.

-- Roger
    10-11-2013 09:09 AM
    Ignore everything I said before. Even though changing the password fixed the problem for a little while, the next morning I was back to seeing "Authentication Error" and fluctuating signal strength for the wireless networks on the tablet.

Walking through the living room a little later, I noticed some lights blinking near the floor. It was a Wireless-N extended that I had installed a while back. I had forgotten about it. I unplugged it and ... ta da! ... the wireless connection between my new router and the Samsung tablet is working.

Edit: But, it is displaying signal strengths that are much lower than other devices in the same location are reporting.

-- Roger
    10-13-2013 04:24 PM
    I discovered that my wifi, being set up with exclusions, required BOTH the mac address AND the device name required to match.
    12-25-2013 11:20 AM