my samsung galaxy tab 2 won't charge please help!

catadam1

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
So my tablet had few problems already first of all it use restart by itself and it wouldn't stay on even for 5 min so i called geek squad and told me that i should leave it off when not using it so it could charge properly since i would use my tablet when charging and wouldnt be completly charge everytime i would use it so i started leaving it off at night so it could charge completly and it worked ( they also told me to delete the cache since i mostly use the internet alot) it would help out. second when charging my tablet it would show the x thing in the battery bar thing saying it wasnt charging so i blew air in the tablet where u plug in the charger and it worked but i sometimes get the x even when doing it ( I USE THE ORIGINAL CHARGER FOR THE TABLET) and third of all now when i plug in my charger it says its charging but it doesn't really charge it stays in same percentage it was ex: i leave it charging at 5% at night turn it off leave it charging and in the morning turn it on and it would only be charged like 10% or sometimes i leave it on and it would do the same i don't know why it does that is it the charger or my tablet that doesn't work plz help.... (sorry for the mispelled words)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So my tablet had few problems already first of all it use restart by itself and it wouldn't stay on even for 5 min so i called geek squad and told me that i should leave it off when not using it so it could charge properly since i would use my tablet when charging and wouldnt be completly charge everytime i would use it so i started leaving it off at night so it could charge completly and it worked ( they also told me to delete the cache since i mostly use the internet alot) it would help out. second when charging my tablet it would show the x thing in the battery bar thing saying it wasnt charging so i blew air in the tablet where u plug in the charger and it worked but i sometimes get the x even when doing it ( I USE THE ORIGINAL CHARGER FOR THE TABLET) and third of all now when i plug in my charger it says its charging but it doesn't really charge it stays in same percentage it was ex: i leave it charging at 5% at night turn it off leave it charging and in the morning turn it on and it would only be charged like 10% or sometimes i leave it on and it would do the same i don't know why it does that is it the charger or my tablet that doesn't work plz help.... (sorry for the mispelled words)

I would try ordering a new charging cable. It sounds like a pin is bad. Try this: Samsung USB Data Cable - Android Chargers & Cables

amie_h88

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
The same thing has happened to my tablet too:'( I let it charge and a ''X '' appears on the battery sign and does not charge. Yesterday I tried to charge it and it did work. What I did was stretch the wire a little until it said it ''charging''. It got to charge it and said 40%. Then I was going to sleep so I uncharged it. When I woke up the next day it said it only had 9%. I think its all the chargers that don't work:'(. Hope this helps you...

lupuvasilie

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Try performing a power reset. Hold the power button for 30 seconds without it being plugged in. Then place your Tab on a home charger for a couple minutes. After a couple minutes, press the power button again for 30 seconds with the charger plugged in. You can also try the suggestions given here: Galaxy Tab 2 Help

skramblr

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Most of the time, it seems most people find it is a bad cable (not the tab or the charger). If you only have 1 cable, you'll want to buy another. There a several cheap ones online. I think I picked up 3 for $5 The build quality is cheap (seems weaker), but they all work OK.

Maneet Mathur

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 stopped charging today. As all the battery was drawn out so when I plugged for recharge it was continuously rebooting after showing one bar of battery. I was using the original cable that came with the tab few years back. I checked this thread and it appeared that the cable is bad and most of the people fixed it by changing the cable. So I decided to attempt cable clean up for any dust inside. I took my regular aftershave lotion and rinsed both sides (connector and USB) in the lotion. Then I used air pressure to dry it out. I reconnected after few hours and it worked just as new and my tab is now charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy