Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 - Something changed Time & Date - caused problems until fixed

thenotekeeper

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Today I picked up my tablet & it would NOT start even though I knew it was "almost" fully charged - I plugged it in & was able to get it booted, after which & confirming an 85% charge, I unplugged unit --- although it did show I was connected to my wi-fi I was still unable to connect to the Google Play Store & my Gmail --- after repeated tried to the Play store, I would receive a no connection messge each time ------- I eventually found a forum on connection fixes to try - resetting Play Store cache & also suggested to check my Time & Date settings -- when I did lo & behold for whatever reasons it was way off - today is Dec 3, 2013 at a time of about 3 pm - the device Time & Date was somehow set at Jan 8, 2000 & time was off as well -- after resetting to the correct Time & Date, all my problems were automatically fixed ---------------- SO, my question is if, anyone else had this problem, have you found what caused this isssue --------- I did contact samsung as well in case it might a hardware isssue they might be aware of this problem

Dave Augustyniak

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I went to Best Buy and talked to the Samsung rep and he suggested I take it into them and they will reloadthe software. He said if that didn't fix it, he will want to reformat the system and take it back to the factory setup as it was day I bought it.

Tengewa

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Time and Date FIXED !!!!. I have the same problem with this time n date, so I try something and it works. I powered off my SGT3 after setting time and date, turned back on, t&d is now save not resetting it anymore. to do this is easy as 123. just go as you reset time and date, once reset it, power off your SGT3. once you powered it bck on your t & d is on the right time n date. I'm not a tech guy but hope its work.

Tareq Hussain

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
My time and date still resets every time my tablet is switched off for more than 5 minutes. I have to manually reset it every time or my apps will not work. it is very frustrating. Does anyone no how i can fix this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci