1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth problems

I am trying to connect a bluetooth keyboard to my Tab 2 10.1.
    I go to settings and touch Bluetooth. It says Turning on Bluetooth and nothing happens for about a minute. Then the slider goes dark and I can slide it to the on position and the message says Turn on bluetooth to see a list of available devices. I turn it on. My device is shown but no other available devices. It also says it is not visible top other bluetooth devices. Then bluetooth turns itself off and the message again says Turning on bluetooth and the whole process starts again. I am going round and round in circles with this. I turn bluetooth on, it turns itself off then gives me the option of turning it on again. Any suggestions would be very welcome.
    andy

Default Re: Bluetooth problems

Is there a way to set the keyboard to scan.
    Usually a button or switch position!

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes - I press the "Connect" button and a blue light flashes which according to the instructions means it is ready to connect. However, when I turn on the tablet and tap bluetooth connection, it says that an application wants to connect and do I want to turn on bluetooth. I tap yes and a dialogue box tells me it is turning on bluetooth, but it just freezes there. This makes me think it must be the tablet which has the problem.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

andy

Andy is this a newer keyboard?
    I bought one at a brookstone clearance, older version did not work.
    Does the tablet blue tooth connect with any other devices, is phones or speakers?

Posted via Android Central App

Check in "settings" and bluetooth that your device is visible to other BT devices. The menu is next the scan button on the right hand side of the screen.
    GT-5100 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
    I-9500 4.3 Jelly Bean
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hi
    That menu only says Visibilty timeout (which is greyed out) and Received files. When I do get bt turned on it shows nothing under available devices.

I'm sorry.... I have no idea what is happening and I don't want anyone to waste their time anymore. I'll just have to live with not being able to connect the keyboard (which to answer an earlier comment, was new to me this Xmas).

Thanks

andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyImms View Post
    Hi
    That menu only says Visibilty timeout (which is greyed out) and Received files. When I do get bt turned on it shows nothing under available devices.

I'm sorry.... I have no idea what is happening and I don't want anyone to waste their time anymore. I'll just have to live with not being able to connect the keyboard (which to answer an earlier comment, was new to me this Xmas).

Thanks

andy
    In "settings" >Applications Manager> find the Bluetooth application, clear its data (you'll get warnings etc, ignore and clear data) make sure all Bluetooth devices are turned off, restart you tab and try its bluetooth settings again through the settings and menu. It should be clear now to reset visibility and timeout etc

Spikes
    GT-5100 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
    I-9500 4.3 Jelly Bean
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks Spikes, but it still doesn't work.
    No sooner have I got BT on, it turns itself off, so i don't really have time to do anything, like look around at settings etc.

I give up!

andy

Hello guys me and my mate are having problems with sending over music to my phone and i need so help my mates tab had a new update so time yeaterday and he can't find the bluetooth area where you pick the name and send it i think meany people on newtube has been saying about this prob if any one knows can you give me a email on

[email address removed] please thanks for your time
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-01-2014 at 07:40 PM.