Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post wi-fi hotspot

I am trying to connect google glass to my Tab 2 10.1 (wi-fi only) to use it as a hotspot. My Tab is connected to a network that Google Glass cannot connect directly to because it is a VPN. So I would like to utilize the connect that my tab maintains and access the data through it. When I go into settings, there is not tethering/hotspot setting to configure. Is there a way to get this setting on my tab to set up a hotspot?

Thank you

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: wi-fi hotspot

Quote Originally Posted by livitnluvit View Post
    I am trying to connect google glass to my Tab 2 10.1 (wi-fi only) to use it as a hotspot. My Tab is connected to a network that Google Glass cannot connect directly to because it is a VPN. So I would like to utilize the connect that my tab maintains and access the data through it. When I go into settings, there is not tethering/hotspot setting to configure. Is there a way to get this setting on my tab to set up a hotspot?

Thank you
    You can try and install Foxfi and see if that allows you to tether using your Tab's connection to WiFi. It works with Mobile data connections, so can't see why it won't work with the Tab unless there's a limitation in the way data is received by the Tab.