Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Don't receive notifications at home

Lately I have realized that at home I don't get notifications from most of my apps. I have not turned notifications off and I do get them pushed to me when I go to other places with high-speed internet. The internet at home isn't blazing fast but isn't slow at 13 Mbps. I don't get notifications for most games and apps like hangouts, where I could end up missing out on a conversation. I get notifications about new emails and updates from the Play Store but that's about it. Is there something I can do to fix this problem and get my notifications?
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Don't receive notifications at home

Quote Originally Posted by kgr730 View Post
    Lately I have realized that at home I don't get notifications from most of my apps. I have not turned notifications off and I do get them pushed to me when I go to other places with high-speed internet. The internet at home isn't blazing fast but isn't slow at 13 Mbps. I don't get notifications for most games and apps like hangouts, where I could end up missing out on a conversation. I get notifications about new emails and updates from the Play Store but that's about it. Is there something I can do to fix this problem and get my notifications?
    In this case i think your phone might have a good spirit present inside that will stop giving notification when you are inside you home (means relax time) and when you are outside it detects (its working time). Enough well, let me answer it properly I think the notification about games and hangouts may not be happening at that time now you would ask why am i saying like this its because you have already mentioned that you are receiving notification about emails etc... so this means your data connection is working fine and as you said you are on 13Mbps network then speed is also good (If was on 13Mbps network i would parallely download 6movies !! and the downloading will finish in around 30mins) So, stop wondering about internet speed !!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Don't receive notifications at home

Can anyone think of any router settings that might prevent notifications from arriving? When I connect to certain wifi networks I do get the notifications, like they have been sitting there waiting for me. I just don't receive them at home.