GT-P5113 Will Not Charge

Just As I Am

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a Galaxy Tab 2 Model GT-P5113 10.1 tablet and it is running Android Jellybean.

The problem I am having is that it won't charge. It is completely out of power now and when I plug the AC adapter in that came with the unit, I get picture of the now empty battery on the screen and then it goes blank. Every 30 seconds or so I get the same picture and it goes blank. It repeats this forever and never charges. I have tried plugging it into different wall sockets, etc and no joy.

Ideas?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a Galaxy Tab 2 Model GT-P5113 10.1 tablet and it is running Android Jellybean.

The problem I am having is that it won't charge. It is completely out of power now and when I plug the AC adapter in that came with the unit, I get picture of the now empty battery on the screen and then it goes blank. Every 30 seconds or so I get the same picture and it goes blank. It repeats this forever and never charges. I have tried plugging it into different wall sockets, etc and no joy.

Ideas?

Could you let us know since when you are experiencing problems !! If you are experiencing it from a long time then i think you should replaced your battery looks like the problem is with battery or the charging IC that charges the battery !! Better rush towards the nearest dealer for getting it replaced.

Just As I Am

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
We are back at this again.
I am working with this same tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" (GT-P5113)).

When I plugin the charging cable, the battery monitor says it is not charging, yet it does charge the device (extremely slowly).

I replaced the charging unit with a spare that I had (retaining the same usb cable though) and the problem went away for about a week or so.

When I plug the USB cable into my computer, the tablet is recognized and accessible immediately. However, it still says "Not Charging" when I look at the battery monitor.

Ideas?

Skanda P

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
did you find the fix, I have same problem I don't have another charger to test I am going to leave the tablet over night to change to see if its going to charge slowly.
Please post here if you find any fix.
Thanks

Star Sosa

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. I've used two different chargers and cables and it resolved the issue for a short period. It has been plugged in for 48 hours and now won't turn on. I've got the dark screen with the big battery that goes up one, two levels, then blank and can't turn it on. How do I replace the battery? This is my favorite and most used devise. I really need to get it back on line.

agbrac

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi all! I just registered to let you know I had this same problem and the thing is that every smarthphone charger is OUTPUT 5v 1amp but the Galaxy Tab is 5v 2amps so if you try using any other charger it will keep in a "boot loop" showing you the battery charging and then turning off. Because it doesn't have enough juice. If this is happening withe original charger I bet that one is damaged. So the difference is the amperage, if your buying a replacement make sure it's OUTPUT is 5v 2a

fhermi

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem and thought I killed my tablet. I am glad there is an easy quick solution. I borrow my sisters adapter after reading your message. It works now! Thank you!

Jellal

May 17, 2014
Visit site

Ideas?

There are 2 problems with that. 1. Is the Battery and 2. Is the Charging. Also you may buy another Charger for your Android Jelly Bean. Or remove the Battery and replace it in a new one (1).

Posted via International Space Station

John Haynes4

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
#1. Remove all connections from board as well as battery connection very carefully, this requires removing the front glass touch screen from the plastic bezel, which will remove the unit as one peice, removal procedure requires plastic tools. Leave unplugged for an hour (just to be sure). Plug everything back in and see if it charges.

#2. If it charges, you are going to want to make sure you are using the OEM cable and wall adapter for your tablet, if you don't use the oem wall adapter, make sure the adapter has the same amperage.

#3. If it doesn't charge after trying #1 and #2, likely it's your battery that needs replacement.

It worked for me. The tab wouldn't charge and looped back to the empty battery symbol repeatedly until I did #1. Client was using a standard universal USB wall charger, which explains why it stopped charging, he brought it to me a week prior with gaming issues and freezing and lagging, at which time I couldn't reproduce the freezing/lagging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12