1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GT-P5113 Will Not Charge

Hey guys, I have a Galaxy Tab 2 Model GT-P5113 10.1 tablet and it is running Android Jellybean.

The problem I am having is that it won't charge. It is completely out of power now and when I plug the AC adapter in that came with the unit, I get picture of the now empty battery on the screen and then it goes blank. Every 30 seconds or so I get the same picture and it goes blank. It repeats this forever and never charges. I have tried plugging it into different wall sockets, etc and no joy.

Ideas?

Default Re: GT-P5113 Will Not Charge

Quote Originally Posted by Just As I Am View Post
    Hey guys, I have a Galaxy Tab 2 Model GT-P5113 10.1 tablet and it is running Android Jellybean.

The problem I am having is that it won't charge. It is completely out of power now and when I plug the AC adapter in that came with the unit, I get picture of the now empty battery on the screen and then it goes blank. Every 30 seconds or so I get the same picture and it goes blank. It repeats this forever and never charges. I have tried plugging it into different wall sockets, etc and no joy.

Ideas?
    Could you let us know since when you are experiencing problems !! If you are experiencing it from a long time then i think you should replaced your battery looks like the problem is with battery or the charging IC that charges the battery !! Better rush towards the nearest dealer for getting it replaced.
    Kelly Burby
    Senior Web Analyst
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: GT-P5113 Will Not Charge

We are back at this again.
    I am working with this same tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" (GT-P5113)).

When I plugin the charging cable, the battery monitor says it is not charging, yet it does charge the device (extremely slowly).

I replaced the charging unit with a spare that I had (retaining the same usb cable though) and the problem went away for about a week or so.

When I plug the USB cable into my computer, the tablet is recognized and accessible immediately. However, it still says "Not Charging" when I look at the battery monitor.

Ideas?