1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default P5113 won't boot, give error logo_espresso10.jpg draw failed

Hi, I have Samsung tab 2 10.1. GT-P5113. After applying an update over wi-fi, it is stuck at the logo expresso10 .jpg draw failed message.
    I have tried rebooting the tab while holding the volume key. It gives me few options -manual reboot, -boot from external storage, -boot using ADB, wipe data/factor reset, wipe cache partition, apply update from cache.

At the bottom it says
    E:failed to mount /system (invalid Argument)

I have tried manual reboot, factory reset and reboot again. It still fails and stuck at that draw failed error. Then I tried to use Kies but it does not recognize the device at all (this is the first time I have used Kies).

Will manual installation of stock firmware through Odin or external storage resolve the issue? My fear is Odin may not recognize the device as I get Windows error message USB device malfunctioned (using Samsung cable). If I use external storage where can I get the stock firmware?

I appreciate any help I can get to solve this issue.
    Thanks

Global Posts
    13,970 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: P5113 won't boot, give error logo_espresso10.jpg draw failed

Quote Originally Posted by da098 View Post
    Hi, I have Samsung tab 2 10.1. GT-P5113. After applying an update over wi-fi, it is stuck at the logo expresso10 .jpg draw failed message.
    I have tried rebooting the tab while holding the volume key. It gives me few options -manual reboot, -boot from external storage, -boot using ADB, wipe data/factor reset, wipe cache partition, apply update from cache.

At the bottom it says
    E:failed to mount /system (invalid Argument)

I have tried manual reboot, factory reset and reboot again. It still fails and stuck at that draw failed error. Then I tried to use Kies but it does not recognize the device at all (this is the first time I have used Kies).

Will manual installation of stock firmware through Odin or external storage resolve the issue? My fear is Odin may not recognize the device as I get Windows error message USB device malfunctioned (using Samsung cable). If I use external storage where can I get the stock firmware?

I appreciate any help I can get to solve this issue.
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try updating/installing the Samsung drivers, you can find them on Samsung's site.
    Reboot the PC.
    Different USB ports.
    If you can, try getting a different cable.
    Hopefully, those help.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the response!
    Tried all the suggested things, it still doesn't recognize. I will try the update from external storage option. Can anyone please point me where I can get the stock firmware for P5113?

Global Posts
    13,970 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by da098 View Post
    Thanks for the response!
    Tried all the suggested things, it still doesn't recognize. I will try the update from external storage option. Can anyone please point me where I can get the stock firmware for P5113?
    Try Samsung updates or Sammobile.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here