Rooting tablet legal?

anon(7888417)

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking cause I know there roms that ive been told that work great on the Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 But im trying to figure this out. I don't pirate or anything I just want a good OS on my tablet and I know there Cyanogemod that been around for ages and they provide roms for all tablets... Now if im not mistaken in the US we cant even just put a different OS on our tablet for better performance and so we can have 4.4.2? So by law any one who dares put a different rom is consider breaking the law? Or am I missing something?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes it is true you void your warranty WHILE the device is in the rooted stated. So if you were to take it in for service/repair while it was rooted and/or running custom software the carrier/store/OEM can deny you of any service.

But...

If it can be rooted, it can be unrooted so you would just unrooted the device by flashing the stock factory software/firmware and erase all signs of rooting and you would be good to go in this case. Methods and files needed vary by device/carrier so just make sure you do your research before moving forward.

Good luck and go enjoy some custom ROMs!

anon(7888417)

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is true you void your warranty WHILE the device is in the rooted stated. So if you were to take it in for service/repair while it was rooted and/or running custom software the carrier/store/OEM can deny you of any service.

But...

If it can be rooted, it can be unrooted so you would just unrooted the device by flashing the stock factory software/firmware and erase all signs of rooting and you would be good to go in this case. Methods and files needed vary by device/carrier so just make sure you do your research before moving forward.

Good luck and go enjoy some custom ROMs!

What other roms are good for the galaxy tab 2 10.1 model P5113?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
ok i'll check it out. Do they offer updates within the android OS like Cyan does?

They have updates but you need to install the new ones like you did with the first, it's not an OTA kind of thing. You might have to ask if your model is supported because it's not an exact matching model number, that could either fail to install or brick the tablet

Posted via Android Central App

cahls

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Rooting is legal and just violates the warranty. I have a P5113 running Slimroms ROM and love it. Faster using Android 4.3 versus Samsung's 4.2.2... I don't think we will see any more updates for the Tab 2 from Samsung. The 5113 is the same as the 5110 with IR... Slim and CM treat them the same and say to use the 5110 files for both...

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)

anon(7888417)

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Rooting is legal and just violates the warranty. I have a P5113 running Slimroms ROM and love it. Faster using Android 4.3 versus Samsung's 4.2.2... I don't think we will see any more updates for the Tab 2 from Samsung. The 5113 is the same as the 5110 with IR... Slim and CM treat them the same and say to use the 5110 files for both...

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)

Thanks so much for that info I'm using CM but the stable version only 4.2.2 but still I think its by far better then sammynstock I'll check out the one you have on the tab. Is it a stable build?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much for that info I'm using CM but the stable version only 4.2.2 but still I think its by far better then sammynstock I'll check out the one you have on the tab. Is it a stable build?

Slim has some of the most stable builds out of any ROM I've seen. I used the Kit Kat beta they put out a few weeks ago and didn't have a single issue with it :D

anon(7888417)

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Slim has some of the most stable builds out of any ROM I've seen. I used the Kit Kat beta they put out a few weeks ago and didn't have a single issue with it :D

I wonder if the IR will work on slim rom any intel on that? On CM it works great on 4.2.2 and on cm beta 4.4.2. Just like info on that if anyone knows if the IR works on slim rom. Thanks :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if the IR will work on slim rom any intel on that? On CM it works great on 4.2.2 and on cm beta 4.4.2. Just like info on that if anyone knows if the IR works on slim rom. Thanks :)

I don't think it does. I haven't used it since I installed Slim

cahls

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Yes it's a stable build...

Sent from my GT-P5110 using AC Forums mobile app

cahls

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

No it doesn't... According to CM's website it doesn't on theirs either, Web info must not be current...

anon(7888417)

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
No it doesn't... According to CM's website it doesn't on theirs either, Web info must not be current...

Your correct on 4.2.2 it doesn't but I notice on 4.4.2 cm version does work when it comes to the IR for the p5113

cahls

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I have only tried stable versions, is the 4.4 stable, nightly, or what?