Question on Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet Firmware

rhonda001

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. Forgive me, but I am new to Android and the Galaxy tablets. I am looking at a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet that a friend has. He said he had to do a factory reset and when he did, the firmware was erased. Is there any way to get the firmware back on the tablet? He wants to sell it and I don't want to buy it unless I can get it working.

Thanks for any help you can give.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi all. Forgive me, but I am new to Android and the Galaxy tablets. I am looking at a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet that a friend has. He said he had to do a factory reset and when he did, the firmware was erased. Is there any way to get the firmware back on the tablet? He wants to sell it and I don't want to buy it unless I can get it working.

Thanks for any help you can give.

That's very odd...a factory reset shouldn't have touched the OS itself.

You will probably have to flash a factory image via ODIN...hopefully someone here can provide additional info on how to do that, you may want to also check over at XDA.

rhonda001

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. That is what I thought. Not sure what he did to it. He wants $75 and I would like to get a tablet for development purposes. However, I don't want to sink $75 into something that can't be fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance