Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dropped tablet and now screen has inverted colors (did not crack)

My tab 2 10.1 fell from my bed onto the tile. The screen did not crack, but now the colors are almost all inverted or generally just messed up. I'm wondering if there is a wire or a connection possibly loose that I might be able to fix, or will I have to purchase a brand new part in order to resolve this issue? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Here's what it looks like:
    Dropped tablet and now screen has inverted colors (did not crack)-20140320_164108.jpg

Default Re: Dropped tablet and now screen has inverted colors (did not crack)

Not cracked where you can see it? Or did remove the screen from the device to verify it is not cracked? I think it's probably cracked.

Posted via Android Central App

HI,

I have the same issue. My kids were playing with my tablet and the next thing i saw was the strange screen color. Were you able to resolve your own issue?

Thanks
    Rasheed

did anyone resolve this as i have the same problem, is it a new screen or is the motherboard gone?

i just joined and saw this, i remember someone had the same problem. it was nothing to do with a cracked screen.
    there was a button that needed o be pressed in settings. good luck

So what is the answer here? I did the exact same thing. Is there a fix I can do? I'm living in Myanmar and I can't just make a simple phone call or take it to a dealer or repair place. What can I do?

Have a look in settings, accessibility, then is negative colours ticked.

Kev...

Posted via Android Central App

I am having same problem. Just did a factory reset and the colors are still inverted.
    I don't have any options relating to 'negative colors' in the Accessability menu.

Any other ideas? Looks like it is probably a hardware problem.

your the man kev.... thank you. darn kids!

What a lot of unhelpful answers.
    Samsung answer was incomplete and not much help!

So: select SETTINGS
    Then DEVICE tab
    Then ACCESSIBILITY from left hand menu
    then VISION
    then you will see a NEGATIVE COLOURS option. Remove the checkmark from the box and your problem is solved.

This is not difficult to do, but the sequence is not immediately obvious. Samsung documentation is very poor, lacking in essential detail.