SOS BOOTLOOP MESS! PLEASE HELP? GT-P5113 Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (Wi-Fi) 3G JBEAN

CHECKISIGHT

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 gt-p5113 wifi 3G / Raw specs GT-P5113TSYXAR Samsung Galaxy Tab? 2 10.1 (Wi-Fi) 3G, 16GBGT / 32GB exterior SD,still mounted. I was running Running APEX Launcher, payed for version. At Rooting, I used Odin-V3-09 / CF-AUTO-ROOT-ESPRESSO10WIFI-ESPRESSO10WIFIBBY-GTP-5113.zip. This was my first rooting adventure! Yea, I Know!

After tailoring the tablet to wear I liked it using only several Root Required Apps. PRIOR to flashing the ROM I Purchased Titanium Backup then sent backups to ex-terior SD 32GB and its still mounted! Then on to box, drop-box and to Google drive PRIOR to the attempt of flashing. Also PRIOR flashing I purchased Rom Toolbox Pro and installed, as well as SuperSu Pro. I purchased and installed TWRP v2.6.3.6. And I believe I'm eligible for updating.

I read several days prior to a flashing attempt and I decided to go with CM 9.1.0 and following the instructions for the gt-p5110 or gt-p5113! I Flashed the tablet. The result? Repeated Boot-looping into the CM 9 start screen. I?m now 14 calendar days surfing into this problem and unable to find a solution. After returning to the TWRP screen, I initiated the first BOOT. Pressed BOOT /RECOVERY / WIPE, choosing to WIPE Dalvik Cache & Cache (after reading android help or procedures at several sites.) I then initiating the Blue slide bar!

TWRP tells me I?m not Rooted? Do I wish Superuser installed and I say no due to the fact I have SuperSu installed! The next BOOT attempted I got back to TWRP and I accept the request to install SuperUser and approve the wipe a second time, Dalvik Cache and Cache Sliding the blue slide and re-booted again! The WIPE must have worked, because she now boots to the Samsung screen, ?SAMSUNG GALAXY Tab 2 10.1? and sits there!

I was able to get back into TWRP and that?s where I remain!. Unable to successfully find a driver or program to tether WIN 7 PRO to the tablet. Can a download be accomplished from within TWRP? To gain a different Rom? Do I need to get back into ODEN steps to accomplish a ROM install? Is the answer staring me in the face? I've learned a lot in these 14 days! I wish to learn more! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sequential steps would be great and helpful and very gratefully accepted. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for hearing me out!

Very Respectfully, KRW USN Chief Petty Officer (ret)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 gt-p5113 wifi 3G / Raw specs GT-P5113TSYXAR Samsung Galaxy Tab? 2 10.1 (Wi-Fi) 3G, 16GBGT / 32GB exterior SD,still mounted. I was running Running APEX Launcher, payed for version. At Rooting, I used Odin-V3-09 / CF-AUTO-ROOT-ESPRESSO10WIFI-ESPRESSO10WIFIBBY-GTP-5113.zip. This was my first rooting adventure! Yea, I Know!

After tailoring the tablet to wear I liked it using only several Root Required Apps. PRIOR to flashing the ROM I Purchased Titanium Backup then sent backups to ex-terior SD 32GB and its still mounted! Then on to box, drop-box and to Google drive PRIOR to the attempt of flashing. Also PRIOR flashing I purchased Rom Toolbox Pro and installed, as well as SuperSu Pro. I purchased and installed TWRP v2.6.3.6. And I believe I'm eligible for updating.

I read several days prior to a flashing attempt and I decided to go with CM 9.1.0 and following the instructions for the gt-p5110 or gt-p5113! I Flashed the tablet. The result? Repeated Boot-looping into the CM 9 start screen. I’m now 14 calendar days surfing into this problem and unable to find a solution. After returning to the TWRP screen, I initiated the first BOOT. Pressed BOOT /RECOVERY / WIPE, choosing to WIPE Dalvik Cache & Cache (after reading android help or procedures at several sites.) I then initiating the Blue slide bar!

TWRP tells me I’m not Rooted? Do I wish Superuser installed and I say no due to the fact I have SuperSu installed! The next BOOT attempted I got back to TWRP and I accept the request to install SuperUser and approve the wipe a second time, Dalvik Cache and Cache Sliding the blue slide and re-booted again! The WIPE must have worked, because she now boots to the Samsung screen, “SAMSUNG GALAXY Tab 2 10.1” and sits there!

I was able to get back into TWRP and that’s where I remain!. Unable to successfully find a driver or program to tether WIN 7 PRO to the tablet. Can a download be accomplished from within TWRP? To gain a different Rom? Do I need to get back into ODEN steps to accomplish a ROM install? Is the answer staring me in the face? I've learned a lot in these 14 days! I wish to learn more! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sequential steps would be great and helpful and very gratefully accepted. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for hearing me out!

Very Respectfully, KRW USN Chief Petty Officer (ret)

Welcome to the forums.
Since you seem to have a problem rebooting normally, I would suggest Reflashing a stock ROM via Odin. You should be able to find a stock ROM file at Sammobile.

CHECKISIGHT

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Since you seem to have a problem rebooting normally, I would suggest Reflashing a stock ROM via Odin. You should be able to find a stock ROM file at Sammobile.

Well I downloaded the stock ROM from SamMobile and made seven attempts to flash with Oden 3.09. Prior the the third attempt I re-downloaded the Rom again and this time went in as administrator! Would not install! Oden responds with the added message and loads the Rom properly and recognizes the tablet! I am getting the blue slot screen As instructed by SamMobile. The steps are standard sequential steps when using Oden. Nothing is out of the ordinary. But I do know as well as you its probably not the 1.6GB Stock ROM for SamMobile.

The fourth attempt I killed everything running on Win 7 Pro except the bare minimum needed to run. As administrator the attempt thru Odin steps up with all expected bells and whistles. She again runs down to Boot.img and stops. I let it have an hour or better so time is not the factor! I changed the USB straight to the mother board and again the install fails. So I risk another two attempts to install the Rom by swinging out of sequence and the results are the same!

I know where your thinking with this, to get back the base and re-root. Download Titanium Backup and get back to were I was prior to the problem! I intend to find an alternate Stock Rom from another location and try again. I’m just about tempted to flash CM 10.Whatever! I checked the tablet with TWRP and all base interior SD programs look to be there and sound! I also checked the exterior SD and all backups appear to be in good shape! Ill try again on this Monday and keep your assistance with this problem and keep you updated. Anyone else can chime in as well! I’m good at multitasking so anyone can throw their 3 Cents, Please. Thanks again, KRW USN(ret)

CHECKISIGHT

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes I did change the cable. I intentionally purchased two when ordering, cause Ya Know! Somewhere within the latter skeleton attempts I swapped cables. I'm poking around some familiar site's for Ideas or Russian Roulette! I would rather be here! I have learned a lot from within these Android Central walls. There is one well known site that absolutely treat's nu-bee questions with malice. I looked at several Q&A's and they were brutal! Went out of their way to be hurtful.

I downloaded the stock ROM again last nite cause I couldn't sleep. I hate when a piece of equipment is down. I intend to remain here for awhile solely in the hopes that someone recognizes the who, what, when, were and why of the problem and chimes In.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Force a shutdown with the power button. Then leave the tablet shutdown for at least 10 minutes, boot into recovery, do the factory reset and patiently wait for it to clear its disk and reload the OS. Do not tempt fate by fiddling with volume up or down buttons during the reload. Hope this helps.

CHECKISIGHT

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
03 26 14 The hard boot did not work yesterday, but it was worth the try! TWRP will come up via the normal hard boot request! Just holding the power button alone! TWRP comes up normally while holding power + down volume. power + volume up gets me into the reception or flash mode. I attempted to hold just the power button and the start or Logo appears and then TWRP comes up full function. Refusing to hard boot!
I tried a hard boot in TWRP several times but she will not reboot or recover! I can work my way into the CM 9 flash file and I selected the folder and requested a boot (Just thought it worth the try) . She rebooted into TWRP again. I worked my way into the files again using TWRP and selected the TAR zip file for CM 9 and requested Flash or boot! She booted back into TWRP again. So last evening I decided to rest the gray matter awhile, so She sat all night in a cool room!
This am I held the power button alone to attempt the hard boot and guess! I?m in the logo screen and am waiting to see if shes rebuilding or just sitting there. I?m not moving off the LOGO screen for an hour or two. Will post results!!!

update: Sits at the logo screen forever! She will not BOOOOOT!

Last edited:

CHECKISIGHT

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Here is what I’m a thin-kin. I removed the exterior SD card after un-mounting from within TWRP. I wanted to rule out the ext SD from the causing any problem! I am going to download a clean stock Rom to windows 7. I will place the stock Rom onto the the 32GB SD card file system from within the Windows environment.
I will place the ext SD card back into gt-p5113 Tablet and re-mount the SD within the the TWRP environment. I will attempt to attempt to move the Rom from the ext-SD the interior SD or to where CM 9 currently sits. TWRP has that capability, though I have never used it before. Either way I will flash to stock Rom with ODIN and break out the preparation H afterwords! Dose anyone have any suggestions or warnings before I venture down this trail? Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated! V/R KRW, USN(ret)

CHECKISIGHT

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Have the age old problem of windows reading the Android SD card. Anyone know where to gain the proper program or drivers? Thanks again for any help! I'm still working the problem.

CHECKISIGHT

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Update! I made several more attempts to flash this tablet. Worked on it every day and was able to resist throwing it out the front door!! I read and surfed and read some more. I learned alot. Thats the positive of any type of hardware or software problems.
I knew that I was doing it and repeating the flashing procedure as written but nothing worked. This am, I got ahold of the wifes laptop and it took me several hours to get Windows running right as usual.
I downloaded the Stock Rom and Firmware that I had been using all along! I downloaded Odin 3.9 and made the Umpteenth! attempt! She loaded in like nobodys business. It had to be that problem you dont want to admit! My nuclear powered computer was not up to the task! I run top notch equipment and after watching this Rom load up like nothing ever happened, I made the decision that I am through with Windows!
Anyway gents I wanted to thank you for your inputs and Ideas trying to get this tablet back up. I have two more questions to ask of anyone that works this superior site.
1. Google auto downloaded all the apps to include all Rooted apps onto this now unrooted tablet. Can I attempt to run Titainum Backup while within this unrooted enviorment to get back to where I was prior to the crash? Or should I Root first and then run Titainum Backup?

CHECKISIGHT

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Stop trying to make me feel better! Although I have to admit after watching the tablet boot up after three weeks of working the mine field, that I was thinking Jack Daniels! I put my hearing aids in so I could better hear what I was reading! Lots of people have that trouble as you well know! I'll be sticking around within this site reading as well as other sites and continue to learn! Thank again! KRW USN (ret)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan