- 16 Posts
Help with issue after factory data reset
My fiance bought my future father-in-law a Tab 2 last year, and he absolutely loves it. However, he was having an issue updating the firmware over the past couple of months. He asked me to take a look at it, and I suggested doing a factory wipe.
When I tried to wipe the tab through the normal settings menu, it would just reboot normally without wiping any data. After trying that a couple of times, I booted into recovery and tried to wipe that way. Everything looked good, but when I rebooted the tablet it took me to the "Error" page with the little green Android robot. I'm stuck now and not sure what to do next. It's as if the data wipe deleted the entire OS.
Please help...definitely don't want to get on the bad side of my future father-in-law.
- 04-28-2014, 09:31 AM #2
- 04-28-2014, 09:32 AM #3
Re: Help with issue after factory data reset
After that, you can go to Sammobile, and download your stock ROM. You will need to look by model number.
Place the Tab in Download mode, connect your PC and follow the directions in the guide.
- By macnassnam in forum T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 09-20-2015, 11:34 AM
- By bigmouthmedia in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 05-06-2014, 09:24 PM
- By velociraptrr in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 4Last Post: 05-03-2014, 02:40 PM
- By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 13Last Post: 04-29-2014, 03:59 PM
- By XiiDevil Nz in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 04-28-2014, 12:32 AM