Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Help with issue after factory data reset

Hi all,

My fiance bought my future father-in-law a Tab 2 last year, and he absolutely loves it. However, he was having an issue updating the firmware over the past couple of months. He asked me to take a look at it, and I suggested doing a factory wipe.

When I tried to wipe the tab through the normal settings menu, it would just reboot normally without wiping any data. After trying that a couple of times, I booted into recovery and tried to wipe that way. Everything looked good, but when I rebooted the tablet it took me to the "Error" page with the little green Android robot. I'm stuck now and not sure what to do next. It's as if the data wipe deleted the entire OS.

Please help...definitely don't want to get on the bad side of my future father-in-law.

Default Re: Help with issue after factory data reset

Wiping in recovery can be a very tricky thing. It sounds like you did indeed wipe the OS.

I would go on to Samsung's website to see if you can find the stock ROM and flash it via ODIN.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Global Posts
    20,799 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Help with issue after factory data reset

Quote Originally Posted by jwwilker View Post
    Hi all,

My fiance bought my future father-in-law a Tab 2 last year, and he absolutely loves it. However, he was having an issue updating the firmware over the past couple of months. He asked me to take a look at it, and I suggested doing a factory wipe.

When I tried to wipe the tab through the normal settings menu, it would just reboot normally without wiping any data. After trying that a couple of times, I booted into recovery and tried to wipe that way. Everything looked good, but when I rebooted the tablet it took me to the "Error" page with the little green Android robot. I'm stuck now and not sure what to do next. It's as if the data wipe deleted the entire OS.

Please help...definitely don't want to get on the bad side of my future father-in-law.
    You can reflash the Stock ROM. Look this over: [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN
    After that, you can go to Sammobile, and download your stock ROM. You will need to look by model number.

Place the Tab in Download mode, connect your PC and follow the directions in the guide.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    VDub2174 likes this.