Netflix suddenly is not compatible with my device???

laurajhonold

May 5, 2014
Visit site
On Saturday I used netflix on my tablet for over an hour. I tried to use netflix again on sunday and it gave me some connection error notice. Turning it on and off didn't work so I uninstalled the app and figured i would just download it again. When I went into the app store to get the netflix app again, it said that the app was not compatible with my device. It was compatible the day before, what the hell? I thought that it could be because my tablet needed to be updated so I did that, a whole 3 rounds of updates and 4 hours later, but it still keeps saying that my device is not compatible with netflix. Anyone have any ideas as to what this issue is? I appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
On Saturday I used netflix on my tablet for over an hour. I tried to use netflix again on sunday and it gave me some connection error notice. Turning it on and off didn't work so I uninstalled the app and figured i would just download it again. When I went into the app store to get the netflix app again, it said that the app was not compatible with my device. It was compatible the day before, what the hell? I thought that it could be because my tablet needed to be updated so I did that, a whole 3 rounds of updates and 4 hours later, but it still keeps saying that my device is not compatible with netflix. Anyone have any ideas as to what this issue is? I appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you!

Welcome to the forums.
I would email the developer and let them know. Perhaps they can give a reason why. It might have been a simple oversight.

Gabriela Quevedo

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
OMG, after numerous hours of trying to address this with netflix, android, samsung etc.... I used the link recommended in above thread. I downloaded it and it worked perfectly. The weird part is that the rep from Netflix emailed me the link and when I cut and pasted it to my browser it did not work.

sneekerpixie

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I actually just started this account to tell everyone that the link that was given totally works!!! I am so friggen happy. I was looking for a way to fix the problem for so long I was getting pretty pissed. If no one knows what link I am talking about here it is. help.netflix.com/en/node/13242

fatjay

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Looks like the above link is no longer working. Spent forever back and forth with Netflix support and they finally gave me a new link to try. Hope this helps someone else:

sorry, can't post links. Use same link as above except node 24776

creekperson

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
If you go to their website there is a notice saying that they are having issues with some samsung tv's not being able to stream. They are working to fix the problem. I have a samsung and never had a problem till recently when I go to try to connect it just takes me back to the netflix app. Waiting on them still