- 1 Posts
Screen Mirroring to a NON smart TV, but with a Netgear PTV3000
I am trying to screen mirror my tab 2 to my NON smart TV.
I have Miracast/DLNA compatible Netgear PTV3000 which lets me screen mirror my laptop and Samsung galaxy s4 quite successfully.
I have spent a couple of hours trying to find something about doing the same with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, but it seems I must have a Samsung smart TV to do it.
Can anyone offer some advice please?
Many thanks in advance!
- 08-04-2014, 03:26 AM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: Screen Mirroring to a NON smart TV, but with a Netgear PTV3000
I have the same issue with the same tab and the same Netgear device.
Contacted Netgear and they say it's upto Samsung to decide if they'll give the tab2 a screen mirroring feature anyway.
If you donwload EZ cast in the google play store you can already 'mirror' or 'cast' a lot of things to a non smart TV with the google chromecast stick.
So in my opinion, this option proves that the Tab2 can support mirroring. Just think that Samsung hopes that everybody who wants a full mirroring option on his tablet, will soon buy a new device which is the tab4 with screen mirroring option. Again it's all about the money ...
- By crimlisk in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 07-17-2015, 04:01 PM
- By blackdogAC in forum HTC One M8Replies: 65Last Post: 05-19-2014, 04:50 PM
- By jcw_3 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 13Last Post: 05-13-2014, 11:02 PM
- By rustum in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 05-13-2014, 05:20 PM
- By Jon Thompson2 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2014, 01:57 PM