Wi-fi doesn't work while tablet is paired with bluetooth keyboard

faintsignal

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 LTE. It's an older model, but the price was right, especially for an LTE-capable tablet not tied to a particular mobile carrier. I bought a case (TotallyTablet KB Folio) with a bluetooth keyboard that is specifically marketed as for use with the Galaxy Tab/Tab 2 10.1 models. The keyboard paired okay, no typing issues, but after the keyboard connection is established, my wi-fi connection fails. Now, this happens when using wi-fi at home, as well as the local Starbucks, but things seemed to work okay when I was connected to the wi-fi network at my work. I am not sure which device is to blame: the tablet (and/or Android OS), the keyboard, or the routers at home and at the coffee shop. I've googled around and seen a few boards where folks complained of loss of wi-fi on one device or another while coupled with a bluetooth device, but so far I have not come upon any threads where a resolution to the problem was posted. I'd be grateful if anyone is able to shed some light on the issue, as I'm not sure if I have a faulty device, and if so which device.
My Android O/S is 4.1.2
My home router is a D-Link DIR-825. I don't know the details of the routers at work or the coffee shop.
Thanks.

marlosab

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
My Tab S 10.5 wifi freezes after turn on the bluetooth. It seems this issue started after the last upgrade... How to fix it?

James Ickes

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I have had mine for awhile now and the wifi has always seemed to get really slow when connected to bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I havent really tested on LTE tho to see if there is a difference