Why does my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 restart automatically?

A

AC Question

my samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 restarts automatically

I've been using my tab for almost 3 years and it was working fine until now. All of a sudden it restarts automatically. I'm able to use it for 1-3 hours and then it restarts automatically and the same thing happens. Will a factory reset fix my problem? Im using an old software (ICE CREAM SANDWICH) so is it a software fault or something else? Plz help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: my samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 restarts automatically

Welcome to Android Central! These days, 3 years is pretty old for a device. The battery might be failing, or it could be the chips (CPU or RAM/ROM). The things you can try include:

1. Boot into Safe Mode to see if some 3rd party app is the culprit: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-18895. If the tablet doesn't reboot on its own in Safe Mode, then it could be something you installed--you'd have to uninstall apps one by one (or all of them at once, then reinstall them one by one) to try to pinpoint the problem app.

2. Wipe the cache partition, which is a general troubleshooting step: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Jellal

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: my samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 restarts automatically

I've been using my tab for almost 3 years and it was working fine until now. All of a sudden it restarts automatically. I'm able to use it for 1-3 hours and then it restarts automatically and the same thing happens. Will a factory reset fix my problem? Im using an old software (ICE CREAM SANDWICH) so is it a software fault or something else? Plz help.

That's getting more technical problem, allow to reboot, wipe cache partition, and others or just reset that's what I mean.

Posted via Asta Galactic Center

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz