Why does my Samsung tablet 10.1 (2014) discharge while using it when charging?

A

AC Question

My Samsung tablet 10.1 (2014) discharges while using when charging

I discovered that my Samsung tablet 10.1 (2014) discharges while using when charging. I I'm charging with the original charger that came with the tablet. I recently discover that when using when charging, my tablet discharges, power percentage reduces
Help

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: My Samsung tablet 10.1 (2014) discharges while using when charging

You need to go into Settings > Battery and see what is using up your battery. It would be good if you could post a screen images.What version of Android are you running?

Jellal

May 17, 2014
Visit site

I discovered that my Samsung tablet 10.1 (2014) discharges while using when charging. I I'm charging with the original charger that came with the tablet. I recently discover that when using when charging, my tablet discharges, power percentage reduces
Help

Try re-installing the charger or follow the previous comment to see!

Posted via Asta Galactic Center

xenia2015

May 3, 2015
Visit site

I think Samsung has some defective units out there. My same tablet was purchased in January 2014, sent it in for repair because it would not charge or hold a charge longer than 15-30 minutes. Samsung replaced the charging unit in May 2014, but after several months the same thing happened. Never really held a charge very long even after repair. Finally purchased an iPad Air out of frustration. It works great but doesn't do what I purchased the Samsung tablet for. After months of ignoring my Samsung tablet I finally decided to try it again, guess I thought it would magically repair itself. Finally called Samsung, they told me it was out of warranty and someone would contact me from their "non-warranty" unit that day. Several calls and days later no response from Samsung. Now I have a $600 tech ornament on my desk. Very disappointed because it has such good potential but I've heard a number of people complain about the charging issues with this tablet. I'm hoping some lawyer or group will bring a class action suit against Samsung if it can be shown that there are numerous faulty units out there. Anyway, short of getting the charging unit replaced there may be nothing you can do, and even that may not help.

mickmccall66

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps the tablet wiring can't support enough current to run the tablet and charge the battery? Hard to believe it consumes over 2 amps power just to run! More likely the wire size can't transfer the required amperage. Which is also indicated by failure to hold a charge while running on an external battery, which would not be amps limited like the charger is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital