How do I upgrade to Lollipop on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1?

A

AC Question

how do i upgrade to lollipop on Samsung galaxy tab 10.1

Currently running Jelly Bean but slow to respond. I want something cleaner. My Moto G is faster and better than this Galaxy pos tab but I like using it when I'm home so !looking for better performance.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i upgrade to lollipop on Samsung galaxy tab 10.1

The short answer is not ever as an OTA. You will have to root and flash a custom rom. My P5100 was never happy with kitkat. I have eventually settled on Jellybean 4.1.2, cleaned all non essential stuff up and use it like that. Keep in mind that the P51xx is 3 years+. There has been huge improvements in the market since the p51xx series came out.

fast96

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: how do i upgrade to lollipop on Samsung galaxy tab 10.1

I have a Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5110, which is the wifi version. Do a google search for the differences in models of the tab 2. XDA forums is an excellent place to get help with customizing your Tab 2. There lots of options for roms, but at this time the Lollipop roms are not quite stable yet. My best suggestion is to go with CyanogenMod 11 (KitKat) or Dhollman 4.4.4 (KitKat) The basic steps are flashing a custom recovery by using a program called Odin using a laptop or PC. Then using this recovery to flash a zip file or multiple files that you copy to your internal or external memory. It's not difficult, just takes some research and trial and error. You tube has some good videos on all this stuff. If you have a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P51xx, it is a very good tablet. Good luck, sorry this is a week old.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781