Anyone one getting this or waiting for a Nexus Tablet?

bstmstrxellos

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Is any one going to get this tablet? I decided a couple of months ago that I wanted to get a 7 in tablet, but I didn't want to go with the Kindle Fire as I didn't want to cut myself off from the Android Market (Google Play Store). I was thinking about the ASUS tablet that shown at CES, but now it seems like that tablet won't come out and instead a Nexus tablet with either the same or worse specs than what was showed will come out sometime in July. So I'm looking at either getting this tablet in 10 days or waiting till July to see what google delivers. My concern with the Tab 2 7.0 is that Samsung may never upgrade it past the current ics build and the specs seem no better than the Kindle Fire or do I wait and run the risk that the nexus tablet won't have any better specs.

It the age of question, do I buy what's available or wait for the next best thing?

darktoy

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling this is just the beginning for the 7" tabs. I purchased a BlackBerry PlayBook once the prices went down ($249 32GB) and although it has a great build quality, fluid OS and gestures galore it is lacking in the application dept. I have side-loaded a number of free Android apps like news readers, Kindle and such but being as none of them are native PlayBook they all run in a built-in Gingerbread emulator. When the prices came out for the new Galaxy tab fleet I put the PlayBook on Craigslist. Now with the cash in hand I'm reading as much as I can about all the upcoming 7" tablets. Having owned a PlayBook and have used my wifes Fire the 7" size is beyond perfect IMHO. The only thing throwing me off are the previews of the Tab 2 which describe it as having a cheap plastic feel. Of course I'd have to actually use one to decide on my own but the PlayBook was a solid little device.

Google Nexus Tablet
Asus ???
Galaxy Tab 2

Decisions. ;)

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is a great consumer device, so that is what I will get. I got the Xoom, and I was happy with it but the features were so betaish that half the time the experience felt incredibly broken. I will get the Tab 2 because I want a consumer product not a device that will be the first to get this update and that update, I could care less if I got the latest Android version first, as long as I get it I will enjoy it. I have also owned a Nexus S for a little over a year, great device but that was when I was into modding and tinkering the thing, now I would like to stop flashing it every other day and logging into my Google account every other week.

In the end: Tab 2 7.0, great cheap consumer product ready for consumers like me(and maybe you) to pick up and use with ease

Nexus Tablet, a rumoured device with magical powers including quad core and a 7 inch display, may be cheap and have the latest version of Android, but definitely for the power user.

By the way this is all from just looking at price, specs, and rumours(plus some reviews for the Tab 2 7.0).

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is a great consumer device, so that is what I will get. I got the Xoom, and I was happy with it but the features were so betaish that half the time the experience felt incredibly broken. I will get the Tab 2 because I want a consumer product not a device that will be the first to get this update and that update, I could care less if I got the latest Android version first, as long as I get it I will enjoy it. I have also owned a Nexus S for a little over a year, great device but that was when I was into modding and tinkering the thing, now I would like to stop flashing it every other day and logging into my Google account every other week.

In the end: Tab 2 7.0, great cheap consumer product ready for consumers like me(and maybe you) to pick up and use with ease

Nexus Tablet, a rumoured device with magical powers including quad core and a 7 inch display, may be cheap and have the latest version of Android, but definitely for the power user.

By the way this is all from just looking at price, specs, and rumours(plus some reviews for the Tab 2 7.0).

This is probably why I will wait for the Nexus Tablet. I like seeing the new things Google cooks up, and also love me some ROMs and kernels.

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Bstm: The SGT 7 tabs are great, because they are smooth operating and reliable. In fact, you will see very few forum queries on the tab 7s (in spite of the fact that millions have been sold) because they are so reliable. The Tab 2 will be pretty much the same as the Tab 7plus, but will come with ICS. It is not designed for top speed or intensive game play.

If you are more of a risk taker that wants Hi Tech and Cutting Edge you probably would be bored with the SGT7 tab2; For the same reasons that I love my SGT 7Plus.

My advise; don't get the Tab2

Best of Luck!!!

Last edited:

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Bstm: The SGT 7 tabs are great, because they are smooth operating and reliable. In fact, you will see very few forum queries on the tab 7s (in spite of the fact that millions have been sold) because they are so reliable. The Tab 2 will be pretty much the same as the Tab 7plus, but will come with ICS. It is not designed for top speed or intensive game play.

If you are more of a risk taker that wants Hi Tech and Cutting Edge you probably would be bored with the SGT7 tab2; For the same reasons that I love my SGT 7Plus.

My advise; don't get the Tab2

Best of Luck!!!
lol everyone thinks it is not as fast as the Tab 7 plus... .2ghz difference is not noticeable at all. The Tab 2 7.0 will be fast enough to do some extreme gaming and web browsing. If you want a great experience for a consumer, Tab 2. If you want some hacking fun or have Android 5.2.5 first, then the Galaxy Tablet is for you.

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Smoke:

Perhaps you have some of that smoke in your eyes; the question posed is not the SGT 7 Plus or the SGT 2, it is the SGT 2 or the future 7" Asus or Nexus.

As far as I know the SGT 7 2 is not even available to the public yet. That being the situation, it seems a little early to be singing its' performance praises. However, now that you have opened the subject, I will simply state that most reviewers I have recently read feel the Tab 7 2 is a downgrade of the Tab 7 Plus, in several ways, in order to have a tablet that is cost competitive with the Kindle "Fire.

Please note that nowhere in my comments did I suggest the performance of the SGT 7 Plus was significantly greater than the SGT 7 2 or that He/She should buy the SGT 7 Plus, (even though I think there is good reason to consider doing so).

It is pretty well agreed by most reputable reviewers that the biggest selling point of the SGT 7 2 is it is supposed to come, out of the box, with ICS installed.

Finally, I think you are rather nieve' if you think the SGT 7 2 will have anywhere near the performance capability of the Asus "Tegra 3" or Nexus equivelent 7" Tablets that are slated for release later this year.

The Tegra 3 GPU/CPU is an undeniable powerhouse. The only question is whether one needs that power.

I do not, but if I did I would be waiting to see what the Summer brings.

Cbill

Charlesleonard

May 17, 2011
Visit site
It seems good but I'll wait to to see what the actual product reviews are before making up my mind. So far all we've got are some very limited reviews. I 'd like some from the real world.

lostaggie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I picked mine up yesterday at Best Buy and i love it for the price. The device smoooth and does all the tasks i need.

Sent from my slap of plastic, glass, and silicon.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Yep, buying one as soon as it hits the stores. I have a Kindle Fire and a Playbook neither of which work as I think they should so I am hoping the Samsung will be a winner.

SassyLee

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Well I ended up buying the 7.7 from Verizon since i had store credit there and I'm very happy to finally have a decent 7inch to compliment my Ipad3. Now have to decide what to do with the other 7inch tablets I have :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12