Anyone one getting this or waiting for a Nexus Tablet?

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I can for sure on mine GPS works and works real fast.In fact at home it worked and locked on to many SAt indoors.

bestoverall

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Can someone confirm if Tab 2 has the same rear camera placement as Tab plus? I want to buy a case and want to know if I can just buy a case for Tab Plus since the case for Tab 2 isn't out yet.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know why the app store doesn't carry USA Today? I can get it on my Moto Razr. Is there something going on between Samsung and USA Today?

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Are you using Samsumg Tablet or a Kindle? I got it on my Kindle but cannot find Usatoday when on my Samsung Tab 2.

antmon1

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
i picked it up on Sunday at BestBuy....got the last one of the only 6 they had...

it's very nice overall....

pros:

- super smooth
- love ICS
- screen is very bright and crisp (why all the negative reviews? looks just as good as the Tab Plus to me)
- sd card support (but where is the install option for apps to sd?)
- battery life (ran it for 3hrs and it only dropped 25%)

cons:

- front/rear cameras are just ok (but Skype worked good in a well lit room)
- no apps to sd? (is ICS going a little backwards)
- no root yet ;-)
- only a dual-core (ok, total sarcasm here...sure quad would be better but this is pleanty good for email, web browsing, video watching...fyi, Netflix ran great...haven't stumbled on anything yet because it's not quad)

overall, you wont be dissapointed...for $250 it's great, does it all pretty much and a no brainer to get over the Kindle Fire or Nook Tablet...which i think is the point why it was released...this isnt going to steal away from any of the more powerfull Sammy Tabs or iPad2/3 (even though it should because the iPad is probably overkill for 80% of the people that have it)

Charlesleonard

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one from Amazon last week and haven't received a shipped notice yet. Has anyone received theirs or gotten a notice from Amazon yet? My account still says I should be receiving it by this Friday.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Got mine from best buy. Had a kindle fire and nook color before this. This thing is 10 times better. I was happy they included an omap processor instead of the choppy tegra 2. This thing performs great. ICS, omap, price, speakers, are all pluses. Exynos would be great but omap is no slouch. TouchWiz doesnt seem to get in the way on this device. This coming from a person that hated his samsung fascinate with a passion. Oh and the peel remote to control your tv and tv content is awesome.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

BLOND37

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered from Amazon on 4/16 and mine arrived 4/24.

i know it was released 4.22.. did you do like next day shipping? i only get one check a month on the 3rd so cant do anything until 5/3.. i'm am majorly freaking out everyday that best buy and amazon wont have any when i am ready to buy :( i know BB keeps selling out.. and i sure as heck dont wanna wait a week or more after waiting all this time.

bstmstrxellos

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I ended up buying it on day one. For the most part, I'm happy with it, but there are some things that bug me.

Some tablet apps in the Google play store are incompatible with it. I'm not sure if it's showing up as a phone in the store since its 7 in or if there is another problem.

I also was disappointed about the apps to sd. I bought a 32 gb card thinking that I could move apps like in gingerbread.

Other then those things I like it alot and basically use it as a replacement for my Thunderbolt when I'm home.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I ended up buying it on day one. For the most part, I'm happy with it, but there are some things that bug me.

Some tablet apps in the Google play store are incompatible with it. I'm not sure if it's showing up as a phone in the store since its 7 in or if there is another problem.

I also was disappointed about the apps to sd. I bought a 32 gb card thinking that I could move apps like in gingerbread.

Other then those things I like it alot and basically use it as a replacement for my Thunderbolt when I'm home.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I know for instance that Photoshop Touch which is a tablet app is not compatible with our device. Adobe states that it must be a tablet of 8.9" or larger. Adobe just lost my money!

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Bestoverall:

Yes, my Tab 7 plus case fits perfectly on my new Tab2 7. However, Mine is not a full case; Just a shell covering the back and sides. The the access holes and volume and on/off buttons match perfectly.

Hope this helps

BLOND37

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
do you all think this craziness will die down this week and best buy (which is the ONLY store here that sells them) will be fully stocked? i cant buy until i get my check on 5/3.

do you think the reason they are selling out is all the... who need to be the first kid on the block with the new toy?

would BB have cases for it?