Case question

namichael

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I picked up this case and I really like the form factor. Adds very little bulk and it fits very snuggly. It has a magnet that holds the pull tab in place. I want to place the tab with the screen facing away from the front to get the full coverage over the screen. My question is can the magnet have any damaging effects to the screen?

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galax...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1805312

Sent from my Galaxy tab 2 using Android Central Forums

namichael

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The reason I ask is because if you guys have ever set a speaker too close to a television you know that the magnet will permantly turn the screen different colors. I'm just curious if the same could happen with the magnet from the case being that close to the screen of the tab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Philter05

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the same case on my gTab 2 for a couple weeks now. I usually put the tab in the case with the screen facing outward for this very reason. However, my wife and friend have both put it in "backwards" a couple of times now. One evening, it stayed in there like that overnight and I have yet to see any affect.

Just my $.02, so I can't speak for any prolonged exposure.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

namichael

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I doubt that it would cause any problems. I had a blackberry with a magnet clasp on the screen side of the case and it never caused any problems. I just wasn't sure with this particular kind of display. It's obvious they have made leaps of progress since the days of leaving a bass guitar amplifier too close to the tv and ending up with a purple screen.

Like you I'm going to play it safe though with the screen facing outward.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy