Problems with data transfer on Linux (specifically Ubuntu)?

cdiar

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I got my SGT2 7.0 tonight and so far it's been pretty great except for some dead pixels, but I intend to return it for a new one tomorrow. However, I wanted to transfer some digital comic books onto it and while my computer recognized the tablet, using Ubuntu, it wouldn't let me do anything with what's been stored in the internal memory. I can view the files in storage, but I can't add to them or even create a new folder, much less transfer data. Anybody else having this problem? Or have a solution? I was able to add the comics to an sd card by putting the card in my mobile and plugging it in, then removing it and putting it into the tab, but I was hoping for a simpler process if at all possible.

(On a side note, I asked Samsung tech support the same question and they told me that the SGT2 is not compatible with Linux and sorry for the inconvenience... -_-; Anybody else find that a little absurd?)

Last edited:

soldierblade

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You can install mtpfs and mtp-tools and it should mount. I had the same problem trying to hook up my galaxy nexus in mint 12.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Alnn