Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Galaxy tab all the way.... the lack of expandable memory on the nexus 7 kinda made my choice easy...

sent from my Galaxy Tab 2
    jgfan1972 likes this.

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

I'm a Samsung fanboy and I was going to buy a tab2 7" but after the nexus came out I'm holding my purchase

But after reading only good things about the gtap2 and bad things (hardware) de about the nexus I think I made my ming and will get the tab2.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
    [unbranded - factory unlocked - i9300]

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey36 View Post
    The fact that the Nexus doesn't have a rear camera or SD slot doesn't sit well with me.

However the Nexus does that quad-core running under the hood. Although it seems like that's ALL it got going for it.

All of a sudden, I'm torn.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Ya that and running Jelly Bean and its incredibly easy to root.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Tab or Nexus?

The expandable memory thing was easy for me also.

I have 4 gigs left after apps. This is good. I installed my memory card, loaded up the tab 2 for a road trip, I used up 12 Gigs in HD movies and music.

The no SD card was the coffin nail for me. I also don't see how the Tab 2 is slow, sluggish, or anything else negative. I am streaming movies, playing movies from my SD card, multitasking, everything, no hiccups.
    SithLord0498 likes this.

Gtab2 plus aokp godmode

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Nexus 7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    The expandable memory thing was easy for me also.

I have 4 gigs left after apps. This is good. I installed my memory card, loaded up the tab 2 for a road trip, I used up 12 Gigs in HD movies and music.

The no SD card was the coffin nail for me. I also don't see how the Tab 2 is slow, sluggish, or anything else negative. I am streaming movies, playing movies from my SD card, multitasking, everything, no hiccups.
    I wasn't in the market for a new tab but this bundled offering made it a must buy for me. I've lost count of how many post I've read here and other forums in which people are saying the clear choice is the Nexus 7......Not for me.

Just the thought of expandable memory will always be #1 in my book. That thought will change if/when ALL manufacturers decide to stop including expandable storage. Along with my tab I grabbed 2 32GB SD cards--one for tab; other for phone.

Seems prices lower the closer it is to back to school which makes buying gadgets all that much more fun.

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE

Global Posts
    2,441 Global Posts

Galaxy Tab is more funtional than Nexus due to sd-card slot, rear facing camera and ir blaster. I would not consider nexus without sd-card slot. 16 Gb is nothing. Now I have 64Gb playbook and half of storage is long gone

BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2

The Tab 2 7 now has a docking station and a docking keyboard specifically for it.. the Nexas does not the docking station has stereo out capability so while you have it charging you can also play music. the keyboard is really nice.. Best Buy has a special this week you can get the dock for free... and they also have a "student" special..however you don't have to be a student to get it.. it has a keyboard and a USB adaptor with an sd card all for the same price as a tab by itself.. 249... nice.. the NEXUs has none of these....

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

I've been looking at both for awhile now and this isn't helping any. Lol they both have there good and bad points. I might just wait and see what comes out next.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

I just picked up a Tab 2 last Friday. I was going back and forth between it and the 7. The expandable memory did it for me. The IR blaster is a bonus. I am very happy with my decision.

The one part is the posts I have seen about the 7 and hardware defects. I didnt see any for the Tab 2 (I didnt look that hard for either). I guess I might be a bigger Samsung fan than I originally thought, having a TV and Blu-Ray player...my next phone might be a Samsung too.

I went with the Samsung Tab 2 7.0 Student Edition at Fry's for $249.99 instead of the Nexus 7, and I am happy with my choice. I have a lot of movies and music files stored on my 32 GB SDmicro card that would never fit on the N7. The IR blaster is also pretty impressive and works better as a universal remote than my Cox cable DVR remote -- setup of the remote was a breeze too.

The Student Edition's keyboard and USB adapter would normally cost an extra $100, so this is real bonus if you can get it. The student keyboard is very comfortable to use, although it limits you to portrait mode. The USB adapter included with the Student Edition can be plugged into the side of the keyboard so you can attach a mouse to the setup as well. That means you can have both the external keyboard and the mouse working simultaneously so this little tablet can function much like a desktop computer. The keyboard also has a lot of special function keys that allow you to activate just about any of the tablet's features you can think of. It is a pretty impressive combo as long as you can manage using the tablet with a keyboard in portrait mode.

On the downside, the USB adapter does not put out enough current to support devices attached to an unpowered USB hub. It also has problems supporting some, but not all, older USB keyboards and older USB mice. Most modern USB keyboards and mice seem to work fine with the USB adapter, as do flash drives.

Another negative is the fact that the rear camera does not have an autofocus function. This makes it it impossible to take clear pictures of close objects such as documents you might want to convert into PDF files for reading, so the wonderful CamScanner app is not compatible with the T2 7.0.

Finally, Samsung does not currently sell an adapter for the T2 7.0 that supports HDMI or HDTV for mirroring whatever is on the T2 screen on a large screen TV or external monitor. Samsung offers such HDTV adapters for some of their other tablets, but these adapters do not work on this T2 7.0 unit for some reason. On the other hand, DNLA transmission of video, audio, and photos works quite well with the right software. I installed the Twonky app for this purpose, and it works like a charm and is very responsive. Pausing and resuming the playing of video files is almost instanteous from the on screen controls on the T2, so you can easily watch a movie stored on your Tab 2's SDmicro card on your big screen TV or play you music files wirelessly on your home stereo connected to a DLNA compatible device such as a smart WiFi TV, Blu-ray player, Sony PS3 game console, etc.

I bought he Nexus. Had it a few hours before the left side of the screen lifted. Took it back that eve. Went to Best Buy and got the GT2 Student Edition bundle with the keyboard and USB adapter. Glad my Nexus screen lifted because I like the GT2 better. Much better quality device and I like Touchwiz.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123