Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Jelly Bean? Is it realistic.

    This is my first Samsung product. How's their track record with updating

    Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mungus9999 View Post
    This is my first Samsung product. How's their track record with updating

    Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA you're joking right?! They're terrible with it. My Galaxy S II is still running Gingerbread! :banghead:

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    F*?&ers..just what I thought.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mungus9999 View Post
    F*?&ers..just what I thought.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums
    Don't regret buying the Tab though, it's still a pretty amazing device. If you get annoyed, you can always use a custom ROM

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    bret272 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    Don't regret buying the Tab though, it's still a pretty amazing device. If you get annoyed, you can always use a custom ROM

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    I agree. It's a nice piece of equipment.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  
    AzD
    AzD is offline
    AzD's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

    Default

    I'm not sure what more Jelly Bean would bring to this device. ICS is pretty good, much better than Gingerbread. I'm okay if it doesn't get upgraded.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    jerseygirl likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    It'll bring at least a new Easter egg.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mungus9999 View Post
    It'll bring at least a new Easter egg.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums
    And maybe Google Now haha

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  9. #9  
    G-Money713's Avatar

    Posts
    314 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 &Cyanogen 7.2

    Default

    It depends on carriers mostly. I have a Galaxy S II and have had ICS since February. I have the international version that was sold in Korea.

    Sent from another galaxy... Tab 2 10.1
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean? Is it realistic.

    I think Samsung has to upgrade. If they have jelly bean then that's one less thing the Nexus has on them. It gives them a fighting chance.
  11. #11  

    Default

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean? Is it realistic.

    Stock Jelly Bean launcher doesn't do landscape view when on home screens, just FYI. At least on the Nexus 7. Maybe Samsung's launcher will allow this. If not, I hear that other launchers work in landscape on home screens. I use the Go Launcher myself and really like it.
  13. #13  
    G-Money713's Avatar

    Posts
    314 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 &Cyanogen 7.2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trooperoutlaw View Post
    Stock Jelly Bean launcher doesn't do landscape view when on home screens, just FYI. At least on the Nexus 7. Maybe Samsung's launcher will allow this. If not, I hear that other launchers work in landscape on home screens. I use the Go Launcher myself and really like it.
    Probably because Google wants the Nexus 7 to be used mostly in potriat since it is aimed at the Kindle Fire. There is no way they will push it to bigger tablets without landscape.

    Sent from another galaxy... Tab 2 10.1
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean? Is it realistic.

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Money713 View Post
    Probably because Google wants the Nexus 7 to be used mostly in potriat since it is aimed at the Kindle Fire. There is no way they will push it to bigger tablets without landscape.

    Sent from another galaxy... Tab 2 10.1
    I agree. But the Tab 2 (this forum anyway) is a 7" device. I think I read that anything above 7" would have landscape views.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean? Is it realistic.

    Samsung is notoriously slow when it comes to OTA updates for smartphones,
    but part of the blame goes to the cellular carriers.

    With Galaxy Tab(Wi-Fi only), there is not such delay. Once Samsung has
    Jelly Bean ready to be pushed out over OTA, it will do so very quickly.

    However..... there's not evidence that they're even working on a Jelly Bean
    update at all.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Boooooo

    swaggedout GT-P3113
  17. #17  
    CeluGeek's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

    Default Re: Jelly Bean? Is it realistic.

    Quote Originally Posted by trooperoutlaw View Post
    I agree. But the Tab 2 (this forum anyway) is a 7" device. I think I read that anything above 7" would have landscape views.
    What I read is that Google wanted its Nexus devices to have a consistent UI and that's why they went with the phone UI on the Nexus 7. The tablet UI is still available in Jelly Bean and while it makes more sense on tablets with bigger screens, manufacturers won't be tied to using the phone UI on any of their tablets. Be it a 7-inch or a 13-inch tablet, the OEM can choose the UI that best suits their hardware design.

    So Samsung can still update their 7-inch models with Jelly Bean and keep the tablet UI, or they can switch to the phone UI ala Nexus 7.
    Phone: Samsung Captivate Glide with stock Gingerbread 2.3.6.
    Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 updated to stock ICS 4.0.4.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean? Is it realistic.

    Quote Originally Posted by CeluGeek View Post
    What I read is that Google wanted its Nexus devices to have a consistent UI and that's why they went with the phone UI on the Nexus 7. The tablet UI is still available in Jelly Bean and while it makes more sense on tablets with bigger screens, manufacturers won't be tied to using the phone UI on any of their tablets. Be it a 7-inch or a 13-inch tablet, the OEM can choose the UI that best suits their hardware design.

    So Samsung can still update their 7-inch models with Jelly Bean and keep the tablet UI, or they can switch to the phone UI ala Nexus 7.
    Why is Google acting more and more like Apple these days?
  19. #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by af250xxl View Post
    Why is Google acting more and more like Apple these days?
    Um... I don't see how they are. Its their device so they do what they will, but still leave the ability to have customization amongst the third-party android devices. What is it they're doing to be like apple? I'm just curious, not trying to be an arse.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  20. #20  

    Default

    Everybody CM10 RELEASED CHECC XDA CODEWORKZ IS DA MAN

    rooted roccin official cm9 via da swagged out gt3113
  21. #21  
    Uncle Louie's Avatar

    Posts
    1,023 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MR.SGE4G View Post
    Everybody CM10 RELEASED CHECC XDA CODEWORKZ IS DA MAN

    rooted roccin official cm9 via da swagged out gt3113
    Flashed it yesterday... Absolutely awesome.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  22. #22  

    Default

    So I've heard I myself am enjoying aokp 40.5 blacc ice they have jb version of m6 Idk about blacc ice

    sent from my v6'd kangoraded gtAb2
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean? Is it realistic.

    Samsung is already ready with their update and waiting for some UI mods and few enhancement. They will be releasing Jelly Bean update for their new Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and 10.1 by August 2nd week just after the Motorola Xoom update.
    Found . I don't know what their source is though.
  24. #24  
    jtskier11's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts
    ROM
    Stockness

    Default Re: Jelly Bean? Is it realistic.

    Quote Originally Posted by JFetch View Post
    Found . I don't know what their source is though.
    And JB is already pushing to the Xoom......... Soooooooooooooooo!!!!
  25. #25  

    Default



    August 2nd baby

    Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B