is it because its so new?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
just curious, i got the tab2 7 about a month ago, and its actually hard to find cases for it. i know there are a lot of cases that will fit, but im not seeing anything really made for this.. so here are my questions...

i didnt know a lot about tablets before i started reading about them to pick one, so i dont know if the samsung galaxy tab2 7 is just a new enough product that there are not cases for it (like ottercase style cases) or if its considered a "budget" tablet so there is no real push behind it like there seems to be for the tablets that require data plans?

also, i was told that the charge cable/usb cable is "proprietary" and you have to order more cables from samsung. does this mean that other samsung cables just dont fit? and if so, why did samsung change the charging plug in for this tablet, instead of letting you use cables for other samsung products? and why make it so other cases, such as for the tab plus dont work?

like i said, im just aware if this is such a new product that accessories just arent common yet, or if its because being wifi only and cheaper, that its the "budget" version of the tab plus or whatever?

just curious.. thanx

Russel the cop

rw0749

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes to your question.. lol.. it is new.. there is a case from Samsung of course.. Best Buy usually carries it about $40 the plus case does not fit because of the placement of the camera on the tab 2 7... a kindle fire case will fit but covers the camera.. so if you don't use it then the assortment is a lot better on the fire cases.. amazon.com has a lot of cases for the Tab2 7...also Samsung.com has several to choose from.. the adaptor.. well every one does that.. the plug from an ipad does not fit the new one.. etc etc.etc... the most useful second plug would be the car charger..

Ballpark402

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Look on amazon for cases, there are a ton now. The cheap china USB 30 pin cables work just fine as well.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

moteachr

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I went through Ebay and got a case w/keyboard, a purple gel case that fits on the back, and a purple wrap around case similar to the Samsung one. I also have the adaptor cord coming from China. Belkin sells really nice cases in four different colors (I got purple for my Tab 2 and turquoise for my Nook tablet). Check the e-book section of Wal-Mart.

monsterman83

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 Slim Fit Case (Black) with Stand by Supcase | eBay

for $20 it is a very nice case. if you check the sellers other items they have it in a few other colors. I bought the Green one. It is very good quality, has the clip on the back to stand it up, and the front of the cover is magnetic so it closes and does not flop back open. It uses a tab that folds around and tucks in behind the Tab with velcro keeping it securely in the case, other cases just have a flap you tuck in and trust me they do not stay in place very well. Also look at cases for the Tab Plus as they will also fit the Tab 2. The only thing is you will have a larger camera cut out because the Plus has a flash. Also you can access the sd card while in the case. Some cases do not allow you to.

Yes the 30pin cable from the other samsung tab's work. you can find OEM Samsung cables on ebay for around $5 maybe less. If you buy a home/car charger make sure it will output 2amps or else it will either not charge your tab or will charge it so slow it will be useless anyways.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I went through Ebay and got a case w/keyboard, a purple gel case that fits on the back, and a purple wrap around case similar to the Samsung one. I also have the adaptor cord coming from China. Belkin sells really nice cases in four different colors (I got purple for my Tab 2 and turquoise for my Nook tablet). Check the e-book section of Wal-Mart.

I originally said I wasnt going to put mine in a case but changed my mind. While checking for cases last night I came across these. Yours is the first post of someone who has it. Please share your thoughts.....would you recommend this after having used it?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 Slim Fit Case (Black) with Stand by Supcase | eBay

for $20 it is a very nice case. if you check the sellers other items they have it in a few other colors. I bought the Green one. It is very good quality, has the clip on the back to stand it up, and the front of the cover is magnetic so it closes and does not flop back open. It uses a tab that folds around and tucks in behind the Tab with velcro keeping it securely in the case, other cases just have a flap you tuck in and trust me they do not stay in place very well. Also look at cases for the Tab Plus as they will also fit the Tab 2. The only thing is you will have a larger camera cut out because the Plus has a flash. Also you can access the sd card while in the case. Some cases do not allow you to.

Yes the 30pin cable from the other samsung tab's work. you can find OEM Samsung cables on ebay for around $5 maybe less. If you buy a home/car charger make sure it will output 2amps or else it will either not charge your tab or will charge it so slow it will be useless anyways.

I saw these as well; initially on Amazon. Personally I wish they had one in white. I'm still looking for someone to carry white. I've been searching not by tab but by model # P3113 generally gives different results than strictly looking for tab 2.

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE